Lansdon B. Robbins III's Legal Consent scored his third straight victory at Belmont Park June 21, holding off a late rally from Slevin to take the $105,500 Mike Lee Stakes for New York-breds.
Drilling for Oil turned back a challenge from Ramazutti mid-stretch and pulled away late to win the $170,400 Louisville Handicap (gr.IIIT) at 12 furlongs on the Churchill Downs turf Saturday.
An anticipated stretch battle between the unbeaten colts First Samurai and Henny Hughes never materialized when prohibitive choice Henny Hughes offered no response in the $245,000 Hopeful (gr. I) for 2-year-olds Saturday at Saratoga Race Course.
Most Popular Stories
- Encouraging Starts to Saratoga, Del Mar Meets
- Commanding Curve Entered in Curlin Stakes
- Better Lucky Shines; My Miss Aurelia Third
- Filly Untapable Works Toward Haskell
- Will Take Charge Works Toward Whitney
- Grade I Winner Heir Kitty Tops Del Mar Sale
- Kiss to Remember Steps Up in Indiana Grand
- Milestone Win 1,000 for Jockey Magrell
- Matz Says He Nearly Retired Somali Lemonade
- Favorite Tale, Choctaw Chuck Top Quick Call