Lansdon B. Robbins III's Legal Consent scored his third straight victory at Belmont Park June 21, holding off a late rally from Slevin to take the $105,500 Mike Lee Stakes for New York-breds.
Drilling for Oil turned back a challenge from Ramazutti mid-stretch and pulled away late to win the $170,400 Louisville Handicap (gr.IIIT) at 12 furlongs on the Churchill Downs turf Saturday.
An anticipated stretch battle between the unbeaten colts First Samurai and Henny Hughes never materialized when prohibitive choice Henny Hughes offered no response in the $245,000 Hopeful (gr. I) for 2-year-olds Saturday at Saratoga Race Course.
Most Popular Stories
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- American Freedom Clear Winner in Iowa Derby
- As Borell Released, Cruelty Laws Questioned
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Top Caribbean Race to Be Held at Gulfstream
- Probe Into Abandoned Horses Continues
- Wake Forest Heads United Nations
- Globetrotting Tepin Preps for Saratoga Ship
- The Paralyzed Jockey Who's Still in the Race