Lankan Rupee, Australia's newly minted Horse of the Year and champion sprinter, blasted from the starting gate at Moonee Valley Oct. 24 and held on for a narrow victory in the Aus$1 million Manikato Stakes (Aus-I).
Lankan Rupee, the world's highest-rated sprinter, was recently named Australia's Horse of the Year for the 2013-14 season.
Buffering was too strong for Lankan Rupee, the world's top-rated sprinter, Sept. 23 as he led nearly every step at Moonee Valley and denied that opponent victory by a short head in the City Jeep Moir Stakes (Aus-I).
Redoute's Choice and Snitzel are set to finish a respective first and second in Australia's 2013-14 general sires premiership, an unprecedented accomplishment for a father and son at stud in that nation since the 1880s.
In an amazing training feat, Chris Waller sent out the first four finishers in the AUS$3 million The Star Doncaster Mile (Aus-I), spearheaded by repeat winner Sacred Falls April 12 at Royal Randwick.
Dominant Dubai Duty Free (UAE-I) winner Just a Way leads the second edition of the Longines World's Best Racehorse Rankings for 2014 with a 130 rating.
Game On Dude, who recently won the Santa Anita Handicap (gr. I) for a record-breaking third time, heads the first edition of the Longines World's Best Racehorse Rankings for 2014.
Shamus Award tried for the seemingly impossible in the Aus$1million Australian Cup (Aus-I) March 8 at Flemington. He led nearly all the way, but then wilted late as Fiorente proved himself the nation's best horse.
Most Popular Stories
- Longform: Long Live the Queen
- Weanling Daughter of Champion Zenyatta Dies
- For Joe Rocco Jr., It's All About the Horse
- Sire Tapit Closing in on Record Season
- Aktabantay Knocked Out of BC Juvenile Turf
- Asmussen Aims to Make Untapable Feel at Home
- Top Decile Under Radar for Juvenile Fillies
- TimeformUS Breeders' Cup Preview: Distaff
- Santa Anita Confident in New Dirt Surface
- Northern Cal Trainers On Cup's Center Stage