Ashbrook Farm's Wicked Style, winner of the Lane's End Breeders' Futurity (gr. I) at Keeneland in October, will not run in the Nov. 24 Kentucky Jockey Club Stakes (gr. II) at Churchill Downs.
A victory in the Arlington-Washington Futurity (gr. III) last month was not enough to convince bettors that Wicked Style was for real. Going off at odds of 11-1, the 2-year-old son of Macho Uno broke sharply from post 12 and never looked back, taking the $500,000 Lane's End Breeders' Cup Futurity (gr. I) by 3 1/4-lengths in front-running fashion Oct. 6.
Although never having officially raced at Keeneland, Wicked Style has done the majority of his training on the Lexington Polytrack. Trainer Rusty Arnold is hoping that will give the talented Macho Uno colt an edge on his 11 contenders in the $500,000 Lane's End Breeders' Cup Futurity (gr. I) Oct. 6.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- Resilient Humor Debut Winner for Sassy Image
- Retired Valet Ward Dies in Kentucky
- Trainer Brown Gearing Up for Gulfstream
- A Look Back at A.P. Indy's Hollywood Futurity
- Aqueduct Announcers Bring Youth, Experience
- Promising Mastery Heads Los Al Futurity Field
- Ferndale Racetrack OK After Earthquake