Ashbrook Farm's Wicked Style, winner of the Lane's End Breeders' Futurity (gr. I) at Keeneland in October, will not run in the Nov. 24 Kentucky Jockey Club Stakes (gr. II) at Churchill Downs.
A victory in the Arlington-Washington Futurity (gr. III) last month was not enough to convince bettors that Wicked Style was for real. Going off at odds of 11-1, the 2-year-old son of Macho Uno broke sharply from post 12 and never looked back, taking the $500,000 Lane's End Breeders' Cup Futurity (gr. I) by 3 1/4-lengths in front-running fashion Oct. 6.
Although never having officially raced at Keeneland, Wicked Style has done the majority of his training on the Lexington Polytrack. Trainer Rusty Arnold is hoping that will give the talented Macho Uno colt an edge on his 11 contenders in the $500,000 Lane's End Breeders' Cup Futurity (gr. I) Oct. 6.
Most Popular Stories
- Chrome Set for Pennsylvania Derby Return
- Shared Belief Favored in Pacific Classic
- Which Game On Dude Will Show Up in Classic?
- Big Blue Kitten Back in Jersey's Cliff Hanger
- Tapestry Upsets Taghrooda in Yorkshire Oaks
- TVG to Have Enhanced Pacific Classic Coverage
- Champion Benny the Bull to Bridlewood in 2015
- That Handicapping Show: Travers Stakes
- Seaway Draws Well-Balanced Field of 11
- Second Sporting Art Auction in November