Ema Bovary, going past 6 1/2 furlongs for the first time since arriving in the United States from her native Chile, won the seven-furlong Vinery Madison Stakes at Keeneland Wednesday.
Richard Beal and Lana Ramsey's Ema Bovary worked a brilliant five furlongs at Keeneland on Wednesday morning, preparing for her engagement in the $175,000 Vinery Madison to be run on April 7.
Chilean-bred Ema Bovary wrapped up her eighth consecutive victory Sunday in the $107,300 Las Flores Handicap (gr. III) at Santa Anita, overpowering favored Buffythecenterfold by 3 1/4 lengths.
Ema Bovary extended her win streak to six straight races after the stewards disqualified Royally Chosen for causing interference approaching the wire Wednesday in the $84,850 Kalookan Queen Handicap for fillies and mares at Santa Anita Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Conquest Mo Money Still Undefeated, Sunland Derby Next
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- McCraken Top Individual in Kentucky Derby Future Wager
- Girvin, Farrell Exit Fair Grounds Wins Well
- Dortmund Could Return in Triple Bend
- Fasig-Tipton Gulfstream Sale Poised for Strength
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- El Areeb Sharp in Five-Furlong Workout
- Jockey Alex Birzer Reaches 3,000 Wins
- Under Tack Show Can Make or Break Sale