Ema Bovary, going past 6 1/2 furlongs for the first time since arriving in the United States from her native Chile, won the seven-furlong Vinery Madison Stakes at Keeneland Wednesday.
Richard Beal and Lana Ramsey's Ema Bovary worked a brilliant five furlongs at Keeneland on Wednesday morning, preparing for her engagement in the $175,000 Vinery Madison to be run on April 7.
Chilean-bred Ema Bovary wrapped up her eighth consecutive victory Sunday in the $107,300 Las Flores Handicap (gr. III) at Santa Anita, overpowering favored Buffythecenterfold by 3 1/4 lengths.
Ema Bovary extended her win streak to six straight races after the stewards disqualified Royally Chosen for causing interference approaching the wire Wednesday in the $84,850 Kalookan Queen Handicap for fillies and mares at Santa Anita Park.
Most Popular Stories
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Lady Eli Pointed to Aug. 27 Ballston Spa
- Alsvid Takes on Lord Nelson in Bing Crosby
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Shuvee Class Drop for Grade I Winner Curalina
- Litfin at Large: Jim Dandy Saturday
- Bradester Towers Over Monmouth Cup Field
- Mountaineer's Leading Trainer Suspended
- Stellar Wind to Challenge Beholder Again