Ema Bovary, going past 6 1/2 furlongs for the first time since arriving in the United States from her native Chile, won the seven-furlong Vinery Madison Stakes at Keeneland Wednesday.
Richard Beal and Lana Ramsey's Ema Bovary worked a brilliant five furlongs at Keeneland on Wednesday morning, preparing for her engagement in the $175,000 Vinery Madison to be run on April 7.
Chilean-bred Ema Bovary wrapped up her eighth consecutive victory Sunday in the $107,300 Las Flores Handicap (gr. III) at Santa Anita, overpowering favored Buffythecenterfold by 3 1/4 lengths.
Ema Bovary extended her win streak to six straight races after the stewards disqualified Royally Chosen for causing interference approaching the wire Wednesday in the $84,850 Kalookan Queen Handicap for fillies and mares at Santa Anita Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Breeders' Cup Pre-Entries Total 185
- Charismatic Moving to Old Friends
- Beholder, 'Lord' Likely to Retire After BC
- Breeders' Cup Race Order, Wagering Options
- Drosselmeyer to Remain in Brazil
- Bernardini Rules Fasig-Tipton Final Session
- Arrogate Smooth in Six Furlong Work
- Noble Bird Heads Field of Eight in Fayette
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Forever Unbridled, Tom's Ready Work for BC