Ema Bovary, going past 6 1/2 furlongs for the first time since arriving in the United States from her native Chile, won the seven-furlong Vinery Madison Stakes at Keeneland Wednesday.
Richard Beal and Lana Ramsey's Ema Bovary worked a brilliant five furlongs at Keeneland on Wednesday morning, preparing for her engagement in the $175,000 Vinery Madison to be run on April 7.
Chilean-bred Ema Bovary wrapped up her eighth consecutive victory Sunday in the $107,300 Las Flores Handicap (gr. III) at Santa Anita, overpowering favored Buffythecenterfold by 3 1/4 lengths.
Ema Bovary extended her win streak to six straight races after the stewards disqualified Royally Chosen for causing interference approaching the wire Wednesday in the $84,850 Kalookan Queen Handicap for fillies and mares at Santa Anita Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Retro Rebel: Smarty Jones Wowed in 2004
- Downey: Derby Trail, Where They're Going Next
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- Horses to Watch at OBS March Sale
- Native Diver to Receive New Resting Place
- Mining My Own Produces Bodemeister Filly
- Old Friends Retiree The Name's Jimmy Dies
- After the Wire: Santa Anita Handicap
- Ohio Tracks, Horsemen Sign 10-Year Deals
- Half Ours Filly Tops Evangeline 2YO Sale