Abashiri won the South African Derby (SAF-I) April 30 at Turffontein racecourse in Johannesburg to complete a sweep of nation's Triple Crown.
Brilliant 3-year-old gelding Abashiri took his next step toward potential Triple Crown glory when he won the SA Classic (SAf-I), April 2 at Turffontein.
While the aggregate of the National yearling sale dropped slight from last year, there was an overall sense of satisfaction following the auction's conclusion the evening of April 24 in Germison, South Africa.
According to a statement from Lammerskraal Stud, champion South African sire Western Winter died Sept. 12. He was euthanized after breaking a front leg while recovering from colic surgery.
Capetown Noir was a convincing winner of the Cape Premier Yearling Sales Guineas (SAf-I) in South Africa Dec. 22.
Grade II winner Parade Leader, a full or half-brother to five stakes winners, has been purchased for stallion duty by Mike and Norma Rattray's Lammerskraal Stud
Most Popular Stories
- Runhappy Faces Five in Ack Ack
- Snowden Death Investigation 'Inactive'
- Mirahmadi New Full-Time Caller at Golden Gate
- Air Force Blue Retired to Ashford Stud
- Flintshire Rolls Into Joe Hirsch Turf Classic
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Tapit, War Front Dominate Keeneland Sale
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- Streaking A. P. Indian Tops Vosburgh
- Texas Chrome Pointing to Dirt Mile