Keeneland September's 12th day saw losses, but the sale overall remains on track to beat last year's average and median.
When jockey Ramon Dominguez piloted 10-1 shot Unbridled Command to victory in the Saranac Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Saratoga Race Course, he achieved another great milestone: a new record for number of wins during the meet.
Median price declines 35.5% and the buy-back rate increases.
Northern Mischief topped the Wednesday session of the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale when Frank Stronach went to $340,000 to purchase the 4-year-old mare, helping the sale company surpass last year's total gross on day three of the seven-day sale.
Most Popular Stories
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Six Neglected Horses Cleared to Leave Farm
- Gaudet, Amoss to Join Saratoga Live Team
- Fewer Fatalities Tied to Risk-Factor Changes
- Bramlage: Decreased Use of Depo-Medrol a Plus
- A New Brand of Hero
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Tampa Bay Downs Ready for Summer Festival