Buyers with unfilled orders continued to shop the Keeneland September yearling sale during the Sept. 24 penultimate session as numbers for the marathon auction are nearly identical to 2015.
Keeneland September's 12th day saw losses, but the sale overall remains on track to beat last year's average and median.
When jockey Ramon Dominguez piloted 10-1 shot Unbridled Command to victory in the Saranac Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Saratoga Race Course, he achieved another great milestone: a new record for number of wins during the meet.
Median price declines 35.5% and the buy-back rate increases.
Northern Mischief topped the Wednesday session of the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale when Frank Stronach went to $340,000 to purchase the 4-year-old mare, helping the sale company surpass last year's total gross on day three of the seven-day sale.
Most Popular Stories
- Alert Bay Repeats in San Francisco Mile
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby
- Thunder Snow Confirmed for Kentucky Derby
- Fast Work Provides Relief for Girvin's Connections
- Trust in Tammy: Fox Taught J Boys Echo His Lessons Well
- Gormley Puts in Unconventional Final Derby Work
- War Correspondent Responds in Miami Mile
- McErin, Five Fillies Take on Kentucky Juvenile Stakes
- Farhaan Makes the Grade in Thunder Road
- Official Veterinary Team From China Visits Kentucky