Pure Clan, a multiple grade I winner and millionaire for breeder/owner Lewis Lakin, has been retired from racing and sold.
Grade II winner Good and Tough, sire of a pair of stakes winners this year, has been purchased by a partnership and will stand at Elite Thoroughbreds near Folsom, La.
Becky Thomas and Lewis Lakin, one of the Thoroughbred industry's most dynamic teams in pinhooking and commercial breeding, have begun a major reduction of their partnership ventures.
The first foal sired by grade II winner Read the Footnotes is a filly that arrived Jan. 14 at Lewis and Brenda Lakin and Becky Thomas' Lakland North near Hudson, N.Y.
Freud, an English group II-placed full brother to prominent stallion Giant's Causeway, was represented by his first winner when his daughter My Interpretation won a turf race Aug. 3 at Saratoga.
Hook and Ladder's first reported foal is a colt born Jan. 18 at Lewis and Brenda Lakin and Becky Thomas' Lakland North near Hudson, N.Y.
Precise End, who ranks eighth on the national freshman sires list, has been sold to Japanese interests for stallion duty at Hidaka Stallion Station.
Lakland, Three Chimneys, Four Star Sales Among Keeneland September consignors with yearlings to watch.
Stakes winners Lemon Drop Kid, Precise End, and Zaha came though with their first winners July 15.
Hook and Ladder, a graded stakes winner two separate seasons, has been retired from racing and will enter stud at Lakland North near Hudson, N.Y., owned by Becky Thomas and Lewis and Brenda Lakin
A Kentucky-bred son of Kingmambo topped four 2-year-olds in Wednesday's Somerville Tattersalls Stakes (Eng-III) at Newmarket.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert Quartet Faces Shared Belief in Malibu
- Champion High Chaparral Euthanized at 15
- Strong Field Set for Mathis Brothers Mile
- Divine Oath, North Slope Meet in McKnight
- Los Alamitos Concludes Successful Winter Meet
- Speechify Goes for Grade in Mr. Prospector
- Clement Trio Looms Large in La Prevoyante
- 13 for Maryland Juvenile Filly Championship
- Awesome Baby Heads Speedy Field in La Brea
- Gulfstream Builds Stalls for Displaced Horses