Pure Clan, a multiple grade I winner and millionaire for breeder/owner Lewis Lakin, has been retired from racing and sold.
Grade II winner Good and Tough, sire of a pair of stakes winners this year, has been purchased by a partnership and will stand at Elite Thoroughbreds near Folsom, La.
Becky Thomas and Lewis Lakin, one of the Thoroughbred industry's most dynamic teams in pinhooking and commercial breeding, have begun a major reduction of their partnership ventures.
The first foal sired by grade II winner Read the Footnotes is a filly that arrived Jan. 14 at Lewis and Brenda Lakin and Becky Thomas' Lakland North near Hudson, N.Y.
Freud, an English group II-placed full brother to prominent stallion Giant's Causeway, was represented by his first winner when his daughter My Interpretation won a turf race Aug. 3 at Saratoga.
Hook and Ladder's first reported foal is a colt born Jan. 18 at Lewis and Brenda Lakin and Becky Thomas' Lakland North near Hudson, N.Y.
Precise End, who ranks eighth on the national freshman sires list, has been sold to Japanese interests for stallion duty at Hidaka Stallion Station.
Lakland, Three Chimneys, Four Star Sales Among Keeneland September consignors with yearlings to watch.
Stakes winners Lemon Drop Kid, Precise End, and Zaha came though with their first winners July 15.
Hook and Ladder, a graded stakes winner two separate seasons, has been retired from racing and will enter stud at Lakland North near Hudson, N.Y., owned by Becky Thomas and Lewis and Brenda Lakin
A Kentucky-bred son of Kingmambo topped four 2-year-olds in Wednesday's Somerville Tattersalls Stakes (Eng-III) at Newmarket.
Most Popular Stories
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Kitasan Black Faces 10 in Takarazuka Kinen
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- The Player to Return on Churchill's Closing Night