Battle Hardened, given a patient ride by Julien Leparoux, earned the first win of his career when he defeated a big field in the $200,000 Sam F. Davis Stakes (gr. III) at Tampa Bay Downs.
While they have a trip to Iowa for the Cornhusker (gr. III) penciled in for Stephen Foster Handicap (gr. I) winner Colonial Colony, owner Chris Nolan and trainer Walter Bindner say they're also considering The Suburban Handicap (gr. I) at Belmont Park.
El Angelo, a grade II winner, died Feb. 8 because of complications from colic.
Churchill Downs-based trainer Walter Bindner will decide in the next couple of days whether to ship Lakeside Farm's rapidly-improving Colonial Colony to New York for Saturday's Manhattan (gr. IT) at Belmont or stay home for the $750,000 Stephen Foster Handicap (gr. I) June 14.
Grade II turf winner El Angelo has been moved to Chris Nolan's Lakeside Farm near Sellersburg, Ind.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Logs Work for 'Challenge'
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded
- Sandford, Owner of Take Charge Indy, Dies
- Cathryn Sophia to Pioneerof the Nile in 2017
- Arrogate Returns to Work Tab
- Gulfstream Set for Historic Championship Meet
- Jose Ortiz Rides Five Winners at Aqueduct
- Doctor J Dub Breakthrough Horse for Antonucci