Lake William, who completed his first year at stud at Patricia Youngman's Pepper Oaks Farm near Santa Ynez, Calif., died at Chino Equine Medical Center from complications due to an ulcerated colon
Seven-year-old Lake William, a California graded stakes winners, has been retired from racing and will enter stud at Patricia Youngman's Pepper Oaks Farm near Santa Ynez, Calif.
Hollywood Park concluded its autumn meet Monday with a 4.8% increase in attendance and a 2.8% increase in total handle. The growth was particularly encouraging since it rained during the Southern California's 11th annual Turf Festival, the biggest day of the meet.
With odds-on favorite Malabar Gold fading to finish out of the money, there were some larger than usual show prices for Monday's San Simeon Handicap, the Santa Anita Park closing-day feature won by Lake William. In the other stakes on the program, Starrer posted her first career victory in the Santa Paula Stakes on the program.
Most Popular Stories
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- Ria Antonia Posts Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Trainer Chleborad Secures 1,000th Career Win
- Secretariat Celebration Set for March 29