Say Florida Sandy rebounded Saturday from a fifth-place finish in the Westchester Handicap (gr. III) last weekend to win Aqueduct's $100,000 Bold Ruler Handicap (gr. III) by 1 1/2 lengths over a troubled Delaware Township. The win is the third from six starts on the current year for the 7-year-old New York-bred.
Peeping Tom captured the $107,300 Toboggan Handicap at Aqueduct Saturday, edging Say Florida Sandy by a half-length after a hard-fought stretch duel. It was the second straight win in the race for jockey Shaun Bridgmohan, who last year rode Brutally Frank to victory.
Most Popular Stories
- Gallante Shocks Soggy Grand Prix de Paris
- No Catching Unspurned in Bison City Stakes
- A Conversation With Michael Straight
- Wildcat Red Posts Bullet Breeze for Haskell
- Apprentice LaRicci Tallies With First Mount
- Gulfstream Begins Apprentice Education Class
- Positive Outlook for Fasig-Tipton Yearlings
- F-T July: 'Chrome' Asst. Trainer Alan Sherman
- Massachusetts Sire Dr. Rockett Gets First Win
- Jockey David Mello Registers 1,000th Win