Wild Fit figures to be a solid choice in the $250,000 Las Virgenes (gr. I) for 3-year-old fillies, one of two grade I races on Santa Anita's Saturday program.
Folklore, the presumptive champion 2-year-old filly in 2005, proved vulnerable Monday at Santa Anita in her first start since capturing the Alberto VO5 Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I) Oct. 29. But owners Robert and Beverly Lewis still had reason to celebrate when entry mate Dance Daily held on to win the $150,000 Santa Ynez (gr. II) for 3-year-old fillies during the Martin Luther King Day program.
Folklore, likely to be named last year's champion 2-year-old filly later this month, enjoys a huge class edge over five rivals in her 2006 debut on Monday in Santa Anita's $150,000 Santa Ynez Stakes (gr. II) at seven furlongs.
Most Popular Stories
- Durkin to Receive Eclipse Award of Merit
- Dortmund Stands Out in Los Alamitos Futurity
- Slideshow: 2014 Farewells
- RCI Appoints Five to New Medication Board
- RMTC Plans Changes but No Merger with RCI
- Attorney: NYTHA Protest Plan Not Objective
- Date Announced for Second CBA Symposium
- Heleringer Resigns as KEEP Executive Director
- Trainer Wells Pleads Guilty to Rigging Races
- That Handicapping Show: Los Alamitos Futurity