Louisiana stallion Lake Austin died in December at age 10 from colic. The son of Storm Cat resided at Don Ackel's Ackel Thoroughbred Farm near Sulphur, La.
Coming off a grade I triumph on Polytrack at Del Mar last month, it was no surprise that In Summation won the $150,000 Arlington Breeders' Cup Sprint Aug. 25 at Arlington Park as the 3-5 favorite. What was unexpected is that he had to share the victory with the pacesetter Piratesonthelake, who earned a dead heat.
Lake Austin and Mr. Nugget sired their first winners recently.
Kitty Street, a California-bred daughter of Sir Cat out of the Runaway Groom mare Stormy Street, turned in the fastest eighth of a mile Friday in the first training preview for the 2005 Barretts May Two-Year-Old in Training Sale.
Rebel Stakes winner and Arkansas Derby runner-up Snuck In heads a field of 10 3-year-olds entered for the $300,000 Ohio Derby Saturday at Thistledown.
Most Popular Stories
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Six Neglected Horses Cleared to Leave Farm
- Gaudet, Amoss to Join Saratoga Live Team
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- A New Brand of Hero
- Fewer Fatalities Tied to Risk-Factor Changes
- MA Court Rules in Favor of Slots Referendum
- Tampa Bay Downs Ready for Summer Festival
- Bramlage: Decreased Use of Depo-Medrol a Plus