Louisiana stallion Lake Austin died in December at age 10 from colic. The son of Storm Cat resided at Don Ackel's Ackel Thoroughbred Farm near Sulphur, La.
Coming off a grade I triumph on Polytrack at Del Mar last month, it was no surprise that In Summation won the $150,000 Arlington Breeders' Cup Sprint Aug. 25 at Arlington Park as the 3-5 favorite. What was unexpected is that he had to share the victory with the pacesetter Piratesonthelake, who earned a dead heat.
Lake Austin and Mr. Nugget sired their first winners recently.
Kitty Street, a California-bred daughter of Sir Cat out of the Runaway Groom mare Stormy Street, turned in the fastest eighth of a mile Friday in the first training preview for the 2005 Barretts May Two-Year-Old in Training Sale.
Rebel Stakes winner and Arkansas Derby runner-up Snuck In heads a field of 10 3-year-olds entered for the $300,000 Ohio Derby Saturday at Thistledown.
Most Popular Stories
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Rockridge's Posse Will Not Return to U.S.
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- U S Officer, Cool Arrow Set for Springboard
- Miss Temple City Scores Matriarch by a Nose
- Trainer Davis Looks Forward to More Success
- Santa Anita Moves American Oaks to Dec. 31
- Northwest Stud Announces 2017 Stud Fees
- Laoban Works Toward Return
- BH 100: Commemorates