A field of 10 made up almost exclusively of European bred and based fillies and mares will contest the $1 million E. P. Taylor Stakes (Can-IT) Oct. 16 at Woodbine.
Lahaleeb, winner of the E.P. Taylor Stakes (Can-IT) in October, topped the opening day of the Tattersalls December mare sale, bringing 1- million guineas ($1,727,247 in U.S. funds) Nov. 30 in England. The session posted an increase of 13.4% in its median price from a year ago, but the gross revenue and average price fell 4.9% and 7.6%, respectively.
Lahaleeb, a grade I-winning filly offered as a racing prospect, fetched a bid of 1,000,000 guineas (US$1.72 million) from John Egan during the Nov. 30 first session of the Tattersalls December Mares Sale at the Newmarket, England sales company's Park Paddocks.
A trio of grade/group I winners -- Lahaleeb, Eva's Request, and Lush Lashes -- are among the 981 horses in the Tattersalls December mare sale catalog. The auction will be held Nov. 30-Dec. 3 in England.
Lahaleeb produced the biggest upset in the 54-year history of Woodbine's E.P. Taylor Stakes (Can-IT) Oct. 17 when she came from off the pace in the stretch to win the $964,356 test for fillies and mares at odds of 44-1.
Coming off a group I win in Ireland, Rainbow View can sew up a starting berth in the Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf (gr. IT) next month with a victory in Woodbine's $1 million E.P. Taylor Stakes (Can-IT) on the turf Oct. 17.
Most Popular Stories
- Sano's Faith in Gunnevera Unwavering for Florida Derby
- Dortmund Looks to Regain Form in Santana Mile
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Trainer, Racing Official Daniel Dufford Dies at 66
- Unique Bella Sidelined Due to Shin Issue
- Classic Empire to Arkansas Derby After Impressive Work
- Celestine Seeks Honey Fox Repeat
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- McCraken, Gunnevera Top Kentucky Derby Future Wager
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 28, 2017