A field of 10 made up almost exclusively of European bred and based fillies and mares will contest the $1 million E. P. Taylor Stakes (Can-IT) Oct. 16 at Woodbine.
Lahaleeb, winner of the E.P. Taylor Stakes (Can-IT) in October, topped the opening day of the Tattersalls December mare sale, bringing 1- million guineas ($1,727,247 in U.S. funds) Nov. 30 in England. The session posted an increase of 13.4% in its median price from a year ago, but the gross revenue and average price fell 4.9% and 7.6%, respectively.
Lahaleeb, a grade I-winning filly offered as a racing prospect, fetched a bid of 1,000,000 guineas (US$1.72 million) from John Egan during the Nov. 30 first session of the Tattersalls December Mares Sale at the Newmarket, England sales company's Park Paddocks.
A trio of grade/group I winners -- Lahaleeb, Eva's Request, and Lush Lashes -- are among the 981 horses in the Tattersalls December mare sale catalog. The auction will be held Nov. 30-Dec. 3 in England.
Lahaleeb produced the biggest upset in the 54-year history of Woodbine's E.P. Taylor Stakes (Can-IT) Oct. 17 when she came from off the pace in the stretch to win the $964,356 test for fillies and mares at odds of 44-1.
Coming off a group I win in Ireland, Rainbow View can sew up a starting berth in the Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf (gr. IT) next month with a victory in Woodbine's $1 million E.P. Taylor Stakes (Can-IT) on the turf Oct. 17.
Most Popular Stories
- Finest City Entered for 2017 Debut in Santa Monica
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- Southwest the Next Target for Uncontested
- Strong Racing Stable Has Oxley Looking Forward
- Dr. Zic Among 36 Added to Fasig-Tipton Winter Mixed
- Uncle Lino Back to Work at Santa Anita
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Sunshine Millions Cuts After FTBOA Withholds Payment
- Eclipse Awards to be Televised on TVG2
- A Closer Look at Smarty Jones Winner Uncontested