Dabirsim will seek to keep his perfect record intact when he takes on six challengers in the $475,888 Qatar Prix Jean-Luc Lagardere-Grand Criterium (Fr-I) at Longchamp Oct. 2.
Shuttle stallion Val Royal, who won the 2001 Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT), has died from internal hemorrhaging in Brazil.
Horatio Nelson demonstrated tremendous heart in winning the Prix Jean-Luc Lagardere (Fr-I) at Longchamp on Sunday.
Trainer Andre Fabre and jockey Christophe Soumillon had reason to celebrate Sunday's memorable results at Longchamp, where they captured three races, including a pair of group I events.
French breeder/owner Jean-Luc Lagardere, who bred 2001 Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) winner Val Royal, died March 14
It took some help from the stewards, but Vahorimix remained unbeaten on paper in France this year with a win via the disqualification of Proudwings in Sunday's Prix du Haras de Fresnay-le-Buffard Jacques le Marois (Fr-I) at Deauville. It marks the second French group I win on the year for Vahorimix in which he finished second on the course.
Northern Quest rallied from last to win the $250,000 Del Mar Handicap (gr. IIT) by 1 1/2 lengths Monday at Del Mar. Under jockey Chris McCarron, Northern Quest completed the 1 3/8 miles in stakes-record time of 2:12.65, just 1/5 of a second off the track record.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Billing Off Derby Trail With Fracture
- Vercingetorix Co-Stars on Super Saturday
- Fiorente Proves Best in Australian Cup
- Prince Bishop Makes Strong Meydan Statement
- Silent Achiever, Vespa Win in New Zealand
- Big 'Cap Seems Like Olden Days
- Honor Code to Bypass Rebel, Run at Gulfstream
- Curlin, Asmussen Among Hall of Fame Finalists
- Judy the Beauty Leads Las Flores Shippers
- Midshipman Colt Posts Fastest Ocala Drill