When Alexandra Jara traveled to South Florida in 2007 and watched her older brother Fernando win the Donn Handicap (gr. I) aboard Horse of the Year Invasor at Gulfstream Park, she dreamed of someday doing the same.
Alexandra Jara, the 23-year-old sister of 2006 Belmont Stakes (gr. I)-winning jockey Fernando Jara, is set to make her riding debut on Dec. 8 at Hipodromo Presidente Remon in Juan Diaz, Panama.
The Coa family riding tradition will continue this winter when jockey Kieber Coa begins his apprentice career in the United States. Coa, 19, is the son of journeyman Eibar Coa.
Most Popular Stories
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- Si Sage Speeds to Whittingham Victory
- Songbird Works at Santa Anita, Target Unknown
- Exaggerator Arrives at Belmont Park
- Lexie Lou Back to Winning Ways at Woodbine
- Surgical Strike Gets His Graded Stakes Win
- Makahiki Wins Japanese Derby
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Royal Ascot Journey Confirmed for Tepin