When Alexandra Jara traveled to South Florida in 2007 and watched her older brother Fernando win the Donn Handicap (gr. I) aboard Horse of the Year Invasor at Gulfstream Park, she dreamed of someday doing the same.
Alexandra Jara, the 23-year-old sister of 2006 Belmont Stakes (gr. I)-winning jockey Fernando Jara, is set to make her riding debut on Dec. 8 at Hipodromo Presidente Remon in Juan Diaz, Panama.
The Coa family riding tradition will continue this winter when jockey Kieber Coa begins his apprentice career in the United States. Coa, 19, is the son of journeyman Eibar Coa.
Most Popular Stories
- Frivolous Posts Falls City Handicap Upset
- After Gallop, California Chrome Ready to Go
- Finnegans Wake Prevails in Hollywood Turf Cup
- Daddy D T Tops Cecil B. DeMille Stakes
- Salutos Amigos Rallies to Win Fall Highweight
- Nathaniel Filly Tops Tattersalls Foal Session
- Chrome to Go for the Green in Hollywood Derby
- Discreet Marq, La Tia Square Off in Matriarch
- Euros Inside and Out After Japan Cup Draw
- An Opportunity for Hoppertunity in the Clark