When Alexandra Jara traveled to South Florida in 2007 and watched her older brother Fernando win the Donn Handicap (gr. I) aboard Horse of the Year Invasor at Gulfstream Park, she dreamed of someday doing the same.
Alexandra Jara, the 23-year-old sister of 2006 Belmont Stakes (gr. I)-winning jockey Fernando Jara, is set to make her riding debut on Dec. 8 at Hipodromo Presidente Remon in Juan Diaz, Panama.
The Coa family riding tradition will continue this winter when jockey Kieber Coa begins his apprentice career in the United States. Coa, 19, is the son of journeyman Eibar Coa.
Most Popular Stories
- New York Stallion Series On Tap at Aqueduct
- Bettys Bambino Draws Well in Downhill Daytona
- Prado 'Day to Day' After Gulfstream Spill
- California Chrome is Vox Populi Award Winner
- Salutos Amigos Adds Gravesend Stakes Victory
- Nine-Month Suspension Recommended for Veitch
- Six Grade I Races Set for Belmont Stakes Day
- Leave the Light On for Storm Cat
- Silviniaco Conti Wins 2nd King George Chase
- WV Racing Struggles With Plan for Stability