When Alexandra Jara traveled to South Florida in 2007 and watched her older brother Fernando win the Donn Handicap (gr. I) aboard Horse of the Year Invasor at Gulfstream Park, she dreamed of someday doing the same.
Alexandra Jara, the 23-year-old sister of 2006 Belmont Stakes (gr. I)-winning jockey Fernando Jara, is set to make her riding debut on Dec. 8 at Hipodromo Presidente Remon in Juan Diaz, Panama.
The Coa family riding tradition will continue this winter when jockey Kieber Coa begins his apprentice career in the United States. Coa, 19, is the son of journeyman Eibar Coa.
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Won't Run in Fourstardave
- King's Bishop Likely Option for Wildcat Red
- Catalano, On Mend, Gets Arlington Win 1,000
- Hawthorne Drops Race Dates, Cuts Fall Stakes
- Einstein Moving to Adena Springs Canada
- Record Stakes Purses Set for Oaklawn Park
- Will Take Charge vs. Palace Malice in Whitney
- Grade I Producer Garden Secrets Dies
- Stall Guns for Departing's Grade I in Whitney
- That Handicapping Show: Whitney H. & Test S.