When Alexandra Jara traveled to South Florida in 2007 and watched her older brother Fernando win the Donn Handicap (gr. I) aboard Horse of the Year Invasor at Gulfstream Park, she dreamed of someday doing the same.
Alexandra Jara, the 23-year-old sister of 2006 Belmont Stakes (gr. I)-winning jockey Fernando Jara, is set to make her riding debut on Dec. 8 at Hipodromo Presidente Remon in Juan Diaz, Panama.
The Coa family riding tradition will continue this winter when jockey Kieber Coa begins his apprentice career in the United States. Coa, 19, is the son of journeyman Eibar Coa.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Headed to Dubai World Cup
- Conquest Mo Money Still Undefeated, Sunland Derby Next
- Finger Lakes Season Could be on Line at Feb. 27 Meeting
- Willy North Returns to Sales Scene at Fasig-Tipton
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Canadian Racing Channel HPItv to Remain on the Air
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- McCraken Top Individual in Kentucky Derby Future Wager
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Dortmund Could Return in Triple Bend