When Alexandra Jara traveled to South Florida in 2007 and watched her older brother Fernando win the Donn Handicap (gr. I) aboard Horse of the Year Invasor at Gulfstream Park, she dreamed of someday doing the same.
Alexandra Jara, the 23-year-old sister of 2006 Belmont Stakes (gr. I)-winning jockey Fernando Jara, is set to make her riding debut on Dec. 8 at Hipodromo Presidente Remon in Juan Diaz, Panama.
The Coa family riding tradition will continue this winter when jockey Kieber Coa begins his apprentice career in the United States. Coa, 19, is the son of journeyman Eibar Coa.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Arrives at Monmouth
- Darley Closes Aiken Training Track Stable
- O'Neill Sets Del Mar Record With Five Wins
- Grade II Winner Moulin de Mougin Retired
- Top West Coast Mares Ready for Clement Hirsch
- Monmouth Ups Haskell Purse to $1.75 Million
- Belmont Runner-Up Frosted Back in Jim Dandy
- March Into Amsterdam Off Two Stakes Victories
- Quick Arrest Following Delaware Park Shooting
- Record Derby Week Keys Strong CDI Performance