When Alexandra Jara traveled to South Florida in 2007 and watched her older brother Fernando win the Donn Handicap (gr. I) aboard Horse of the Year Invasor at Gulfstream Park, she dreamed of someday doing the same.
Alexandra Jara, the 23-year-old sister of 2006 Belmont Stakes (gr. I)-winning jockey Fernando Jara, is set to make her riding debut on Dec. 8 at Hipodromo Presidente Remon in Juan Diaz, Panama.
The Coa family riding tradition will continue this winter when jockey Kieber Coa begins his apprentice career in the United States. Coa, 19, is the son of journeyman Eibar Coa.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- Jockey Gallardo to Try Southern California
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- CHRB Allows Miyadi to Continue Training
- Borell Enters Alford Plea on Cruelty Charges
- Outwork, Speightster Retire to WinStar
- Another Try for Metaboss in John Henry Turf
- Stopchargingmaria in F-T November Sale
- Santa Anita Installs Barn Surveillance System
- Impressive Maiden Winners Try Pilgrim Stakes