When Alexandra Jara traveled to South Florida in 2007 and watched her older brother Fernando win the Donn Handicap (gr. I) aboard Horse of the Year Invasor at Gulfstream Park, she dreamed of someday doing the same.
Alexandra Jara, the 23-year-old sister of 2006 Belmont Stakes (gr. I)-winning jockey Fernando Jara, is set to make her riding debut on Dec. 8 at Hipodromo Presidente Remon in Juan Diaz, Panama.
The Coa family riding tradition will continue this winter when jockey Kieber Coa begins his apprentice career in the United States. Coa, 19, is the son of journeyman Eibar Coa.
Most Popular Stories
- Los Alamitos Schedules California Chrome Day
- Keeneland to Handle VinMar Dispersal
- Review: Spa Surface Not Factor in Fatalities
- PA-Breds, Cathryn Sophia Head Parx Program
- Aftercare: The Challenges of Tracking Horses
- Rich Tapestry's Korea Sprint Start in Doubt
- BH 100: Rapping at Derby's Door
- Arrogate Blazes to Travers Record
- New York OKs Full Casino for Tioga Downs
- Infographic: All Time Leading Earners 2016