Tough Tiz's Sis never let the front-running Hystericalady out of her sight, running down the prohibitive favorite in the final couple of strides to win Oak Tree's $196,500 Lady's Secret Breeders' Cup (gr. I) by a head at Santa Anita Park Oct. 7.
Tests performed Tueday on Azeri revealed a "very high white blood count," said trainer Laura de Seroux, who is still hoping to be able to make the Breeders' Cup Distaff (gr. I).
Laura de Seroux, trainer of Azeri, said Tuesday that in the wake of the defections of Candy Ride and Perfect Drift, she will keep her options open regarding the Breeders' Cup Classic – Powered by Dodge (gr. I).
How the Breeders' Cup Distaff (gr. I) shakes out will largely be determined this week when the country's top fillies and mares enter their final preps for the Oct. 26 championships.
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- Strong Racing Stable Has Oxley Looking Forward
- A Closer Look at Smarty Jones Winner Uncontested
- Cuomo Proposes Returning NYRA to Private Control
- Stronach Still Seeking New Heights for Racing
- Bayern's First Foal, a Filly, Arrives in Ontario
- Cautious Giant Brings Top Price at Barretts Mixed Sale
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Uncontested Romp in Smarty Jones
- Jockey Olguin Secures Milestone Win