Tough Tiz's Sis never let the front-running Hystericalady out of her sight, running down the prohibitive favorite in the final couple of strides to win Oak Tree's $196,500 Lady's Secret Breeders' Cup (gr. I) by a head at Santa Anita Park Oct. 7.
Tests performed Tueday on Azeri revealed a "very high white blood count," said trainer Laura de Seroux, who is still hoping to be able to make the Breeders' Cup Distaff (gr. I).
Laura de Seroux, trainer of Azeri, said Tuesday that in the wake of the defections of Candy Ride and Perfect Drift, she will keep her options open regarding the Breeders' Cup Classic – Powered by Dodge (gr. I).
How the Breeders' Cup Distaff (gr. I) shakes out will largely be determined this week when the country's top fillies and mares enter their final preps for the Oct. 26 championships.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Museum to Become Home for Lukas Collection
- Wilkes Continues to Do Nafzger Proud
- Irish War Cry Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Grade 2 Winner Iliad Retired
- Thunder Snow Enters Quarantine at Churchill Downs
- Another Big Finish for McCraken in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Horseman Mike Johnson Knows a Good One in McCraken
- Practical Joke Rewards Breeders' Faith in His Dam
- Alert Bay Repeats in San Francisco Mile
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby