Tough Tiz's Sis never let the front-running Hystericalady out of her sight, running down the prohibitive favorite in the final couple of strides to win Oak Tree's $196,500 Lady's Secret Breeders' Cup (gr. I) by a head at Santa Anita Park Oct. 7.
Tests performed Tueday on Azeri revealed a "very high white blood count," said trainer Laura de Seroux, who is still hoping to be able to make the Breeders' Cup Distaff (gr. I).
Laura de Seroux, trainer of Azeri, said Tuesday that in the wake of the defections of Candy Ride and Perfect Drift, she will keep her options open regarding the Breeders' Cup Classic – Powered by Dodge (gr. I).
How the Breeders' Cup Distaff (gr. I) shakes out will largely be determined this week when the country's top fillies and mares enter their final preps for the Oct. 26 championships.
Most Popular Stories
- Madefromlucky Officially Out of KY Derby
- Storm Washes Away Texas Mile at Lone Star
- Record Average for OBS Spring Sale
- Derby 'Todd Squad' Breezes at Churchill
- Keeneland Spring Handle Figures Down
- Prince Bishop, African Story Retired
- Shared Belief Recovering at Golden Gate
- Ramseys Earn Record 15th Keeneland Title
- Casner Still Committed to Salix-Free Racing
- Kitten's Point Surges Late to Claim Bewitch