Reserved near the back of the nine-horse field early, Sweetest Thing and Mark Guidry charged from between horses down the stretch to win the 12-furlong $100,000 Bewitch Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Keeneland Thursday.
A field of nine fillies and mares will take the gate for Thursday's $100,000 Bewitch Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Keeneland. The Bewitch is the sister race to Wednesday's Elkhorn Stakes (gr. IIIT), for males. Both the Bewitch and Elkhorn cover 12 furlongs on the turf.
Ivan Dalos' Fly for Avie, ridden by Todd Kabel, won the $330,000 E.P. Taylor Stakes (Can-I) on Sunday, defeating co-favorites Lady Upstage and Innuendo in a blanket finish. The winner surged down the stretch on the outside to win the 1 1/4-mile race on firm turf in 2:02.78.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- PA House Panel Passes Breeding Fund Revisions
- No Horses Injured in Pennsylvania Barn Fire
- Major Expansion Planned for Aqueduct Casino
- Cuomo Administration Fires Back at Criticism
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Japan Races added to BC Challenge Series
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Europeans Set for Belmont Derby, Oaks
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al