Reserved near the back of the nine-horse field early, Sweetest Thing and Mark Guidry charged from between horses down the stretch to win the 12-furlong $100,000 Bewitch Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Keeneland Thursday.
A field of nine fillies and mares will take the gate for Thursday's $100,000 Bewitch Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Keeneland. The Bewitch is the sister race to Wednesday's Elkhorn Stakes (gr. IIIT), for males. Both the Bewitch and Elkhorn cover 12 furlongs on the turf.
Ivan Dalos' Fly for Avie, ridden by Todd Kabel, won the $330,000 E.P. Taylor Stakes (Can-I) on Sunday, defeating co-favorites Lady Upstage and Innuendo in a blanket finish. The winner surged down the stretch on the outside to win the 1 1/4-mile race on firm turf in 2:02.78.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Gallops at Churchill
- Espinoza: TC Pursuit 'Different This Time'
- Five Palms Making Stakes Debut in Los Angeles
- MarketWatch: American Pharoah's Stud Value
- Summer Hit Aimed for All American Three-Peat
- Hard Not to Like Seeking CA Score in Gamely
- 16 Remain Engaged for Epsom Derby
- Love Me Only's First Foal a Stakes Winner
- Ostrolenka Appears Poised for Mike Lee Stakes
- Jockey Taylor Hole Rides 2,000th Winner