Reserved near the back of the nine-horse field early, Sweetest Thing and Mark Guidry charged from between horses down the stretch to win the 12-furlong $100,000 Bewitch Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Keeneland Thursday.
A field of nine fillies and mares will take the gate for Thursday's $100,000 Bewitch Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Keeneland. The Bewitch is the sister race to Wednesday's Elkhorn Stakes (gr. IIIT), for males. Both the Bewitch and Elkhorn cover 12 furlongs on the turf.
Ivan Dalos' Fly for Avie, ridden by Todd Kabel, won the $330,000 E.P. Taylor Stakes (Can-I) on Sunday, defeating co-favorites Lady Upstage and Innuendo in a blanket finish. The winner surged down the stretch on the outside to win the 1 1/4-mile race on firm turf in 2:02.78.
Most Popular Stories
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- Untapable, Tapiture Drill for Asmussen
- Five Tie for Fastest 3 Furlongs at OBS Show
- Main Sequence Works at Palm Meadows
- NY Investigation of Asmussen Case Completed
- NYRA Unveils 10-Race Claiming Series
- NZ Premier Sale Off to Solid Start at Karaka
- New York Sanctions Mott for Drug Overages
- 'Chrome' Set for San Antonio, Bayern Doubtful
- Racing Investigators to Meet in NJ in March