Northern California's Blooming Hills Inc., a full service breeding farm operated by Fran and Ron Stolich since 1979, has been sold to Pete Parella, who formerly owned Legacy Ranch in Chino, Calif.
Cajun Beat, the 2003 Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) champion who has raced on grass only once, helps lead off trainer Bobby Frankel's assault on Hollywood Park's Turf Festival in the $150,000 Turf Express Handicap (gr. IIIT) at 5 1/2 furlongs.
In a spirited stretch duel, Dream of Summer came back on along on the inside to nose out heavily favored Yearly Report and win Saturday's $150,000 TOC/CTT California Cup Matron at Oak Tree at Santa Anita. It was one of several exciting races on the Cal Cup card.
Belleski successfully dueled with Intercontinental to remain unbeaten on the Santa Anita Park sod in the $100,000 Sen. Ken Maddy Handicap (gr. IIIT), winning by half a length before 10,665 on-track fans on opening day of the Oak Tree meeting.
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Won't Run in Fourstardave
- Stall Guns for Departing's Grade I in Whitney
- Horse Returned, But Entry Clerk Out of a Job
- Del Mar Once Again Shifting Races Off Turf
- Darley's Hard Spun to Return From Japan
- Millionaire Halo Dolly Retired from Racing
- Will Take Charge vs. Palace Malice in Whitney
- Keeneland September Catalogs More Than 4,000
- Handle Declines at Churchill-Owned Tracks
- Best Pal is Next Chapter for Story to Tell