Champion Indian Blessing drew post position 5 and was installed the 2-1 morning-line favorite in a full field for the Sentient Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Sprint at Santa Anita Oct. 21. That puts the front-running filly three outside another speedster, 12-1 Indyanne, in the seven-furlong event.
As the media descend daily on barn 27 of the Santa Anita backstretch to get a glimpse of Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) favorite Curlin Oct. 20, trainer Juan Reviriego quietly goes about his business next door at barn 28. He also has a Breeders' Cup contender, though Lady Sprinter doesn't have nearly as high a profile as her neighbor.
A race still searching for its identity, the Sentient Flight Group Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Sprint has the potential to be many things.
From just 14 starters, Argentina has been represented as the breeding ground of the winners of four Breeders' Cup World Championships races.
Most Popular Stories
- Breeders' Cup Lists Start Times, Bet Options
- Mile Draws 19 First-Preference Entries
- Goldencents Seeks Second Dirt Mile Victory
- Artemis Agrotera Among 11 in F&M Sprint
- Report of Mares Bred Shows Modest Increase
- Top 3-Year-Olds Abound in BC Classic
- Owner-Breeder Nelson Bunker Hunt Dies
- Eight Grade I Winners Entered in F&M Turf
- Strong Foreign Invasion for Juvenile Turf
- Main Sequence Battles Euro Standouts in Turf