The classy sprinter La Verdad handled an increase in distance to take the Critical Eye Stakes, and 3-year-old filly Isabelle went wire-to-wire in the Bouwerie Stakes May 31 at Belmont Park on New York Showcase Day.
Sheila Rosenblum, owner of Lady Sheila Stable, May 27 announced a new endeavor in the horse racing industry as manager of a syndicate that will rely significantly on female investors.
Front-running La Verdad left her rivals behind leaving the turn en route to her initial graded stakes win, a 3 3/4-length romp in the $200,000 Distaff Handicap (gr. II) at Aqueduct Racetrack April 19.
Lady Sheila Stable's La Verdad is the 9-5 morning-line favorite in the rescheduled $300,000 Barbara Fritchie Handicap (gr. II) set for Saturday, Feb. 22 at Laurel Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Bayern Wires Haskell; Favored Untapable 5th
- Big Macher Collects Grade I Bing Crosby Win
- Antipathy Convincing Winner in Muddy Shuvee
- Tonalist, Kid Cruz Exit Jim Dandy Well
- Del Mar Shifting Turf Races After Breakdowns
- Valid Breaks Through With Monmouth Cup Win
- Guys Reward Finds Path to Oceanport Tally
- Starstruck Back to Winning Ways in Matchmaker
- Ageless Equals Course Record in Royal North
- Jockey Maria Thornton Gets First Victory