The classy sprinter La Verdad handled an increase in distance to take the Critical Eye Stakes, and 3-year-old filly Isabelle went wire-to-wire in the Bouwerie Stakes May 31 at Belmont Park on New York Showcase Day.
Sheila Rosenblum, owner of Lady Sheila Stable, May 27 announced a new endeavor in the horse racing industry as manager of a syndicate that will rely significantly on female investors.
Front-running La Verdad left her rivals behind leaving the turn en route to her initial graded stakes win, a 3 3/4-length romp in the $200,000 Distaff Handicap (gr. II) at Aqueduct Racetrack April 19.
Lady Sheila Stable's La Verdad is the 9-5 morning-line favorite in the rescheduled $300,000 Barbara Fritchie Handicap (gr. II) set for Saturday, Feb. 22 at Laurel Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Condo Commando 'Splash-tastic' in Spinaway
- Midnight Storm Shakes Up Del Mar Derby
- Longshots on Saratoga's Closing Day
- Inside Yearling Sales Prep: Behavior
- Wise Dan Victorious in Bernard Baruch Return
- Wise Dan Passes Return Test in Flying Colors
- Itsmyluckyday Unlikely to Return in Gold Cup
- Jo Jo Warrior Helps Zayat Celebrate Birthday
- Stonestreet Has Star in Making in Atreides
- Plesa Sweeps Juvenile Stakes at Monmouth