The classy sprinter La Verdad handled an increase in distance to take the Critical Eye Stakes, and 3-year-old filly Isabelle went wire-to-wire in the Bouwerie Stakes May 31 at Belmont Park on New York Showcase Day.
Sheila Rosenblum, owner of Lady Sheila Stable, May 27 announced a new endeavor in the horse racing industry as manager of a syndicate that will rely significantly on female investors.
Front-running La Verdad left her rivals behind leaving the turn en route to her initial graded stakes win, a 3 3/4-length romp in the $200,000 Distaff Handicap (gr. II) at Aqueduct Racetrack April 19.
Lady Sheila Stable's La Verdad is the 9-5 morning-line favorite in the rescheduled $300,000 Barbara Fritchie Handicap (gr. II) set for Saturday, Feb. 22 at Laurel Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Two Share Fastest Furlong Time at F-T Show
- Champion Wise Dan Back at the Track
- Hall Finalists Include Leatherbury, Lava Man
- Wise Dan, Main Sequence Top Turf Classic Noms
- New Social Media Rule for Australian Racing
- The Great War No Longer Pursuing Derby
- Mountaineer Cancels; Parx Loses Most of Card
- Daredevil Back to Work After Swale Washout
- The Jockey Club 2015 Fact Book Now Online
- Indiana Derby Moves to Mid-July This Year