The classy sprinter La Verdad handled an increase in distance to take the Critical Eye Stakes, and 3-year-old filly Isabelle went wire-to-wire in the Bouwerie Stakes May 31 at Belmont Park on New York Showcase Day.
Sheila Rosenblum, owner of Lady Sheila Stable, May 27 announced a new endeavor in the horse racing industry as manager of a syndicate that will rely significantly on female investors.
Front-running La Verdad left her rivals behind leaving the turn en route to her initial graded stakes win, a 3 3/4-length romp in the $200,000 Distaff Handicap (gr. II) at Aqueduct Racetrack April 19.
Lady Sheila Stable's La Verdad is the 9-5 morning-line favorite in the rescheduled $300,000 Barbara Fritchie Handicap (gr. II) set for Saturday, Feb. 22 at Laurel Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Breeders' Cup Features 201 Pre-Entered Horses
- California's Golden Eagle Farm Set to Close
- Tapit Filly Tops Record F-T October Sale
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- Declaration of War Moving to Ashford Stud
- Sherman Sees California Chrome Bouncing Back
- Queen's Plate Winner Lexie Lou in Autumn Miss
- Top 3-Year-Olds Abound in BC Classic
- Early Thoughts on the BC Pre-Entries
- Tampa Bay Releases 2014-15 Stakes Schedule