Nathaniel, the emphatic winner of last year's King George VI and Queen Elizabeth Stakes (Eng-I) and this year's Eclipse Stakes (Eng-I), has been retired and is to be syndicated at stud.
Lady Rothschild and Newsells Park Stud's Nathaniel, one of England's top runners, will miss the Oct. 7 Qatar Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe (Fr-I) due to a fever.
Great Heavens completed her rapid ascension to the top of the 3-year-old filly ranks with a dominating three-length victory in the Darley Irish Oaks (Ire-I) at the Curragh July 22.
Nathaniel took command three furlongs from the wire and easily held off the late bid of Farhh to win the Coral-Eclipse (Eng-I) at Sandown Park July 7.
Nathaniel, the lone 3-year-old in the field, drew clear from Workforce to win the $1,630,380 King George VI and Queen Elizabeth Stakes-Sponsored by Betfair (Eng-I) at Ascot July 23.
Most Popular Stories
- Slideshow: The Week in Photos for 12/10/2013
- Veterinarian-Farrier Team Key to Managing Laminitic Horses
- Slideshow: Royal Delta
- Horizontal Navigation: Blogs and Multimedia
- NJ Senate Committee OKs Instant Racing Bill
- Gulfstream Expands Lead in Handle
- Ria Antonia Readies for Run Against Boys
- Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale Posts Increases
- Oaklawn Park to Open 57-day Meet Jan. 10
- New Career Plans for Retired Comma to the Top