Thistle Bird struck for her first top-level win at age 6 when overtaking front-runner Venus de Milo to capture the Pretty Polly Stakes (Ire-I) June 29 at the Curragh.
Nathaniel, the emphatic winner of last year's King George VI and Queen Elizabeth Stakes (Eng-I) and this year's Eclipse Stakes (Eng-I), has been retired and is to be syndicated at stud.
Lady Rothschild and Newsells Park Stud's Nathaniel, one of England's top runners, will miss the Oct. 7 Qatar Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe (Fr-I) due to a fever.
Great Heavens completed her rapid ascension to the top of the 3-year-old filly ranks with a dominating three-length victory in the Darley Irish Oaks (Ire-I) at the Curragh July 22.
Nathaniel took command three furlongs from the wire and easily held off the late bid of Farhh to win the Coral-Eclipse (Eng-I) at Sandown Park July 7.
Nathaniel, the lone 3-year-old in the field, drew clear from Workforce to win the $1,630,380 King George VI and Queen Elizabeth Stakes-Sponsored by Betfair (Eng-I) at Ascot July 23.
Most Popular Stories
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- Exaggerator Questionable for Jim Dandy
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- Bitumen Rallies to Sanford Score
- Enola Gray Still Unbeaten After Del Mar Romp
- Fair Eva First Stakes Winner for Frankel
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis
- Highland Reel Leads Every Step in King George
- Blame Angel Wins a Day After Trainer's Death
- After 35 Years, Jockey Joe Steiner Retires