Donald Adam's Film Maker, scratched from Monday's Ballston Spa Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIT) at Saratoga due to an outside post position and a course with plenty of give in it, didn't have to wait long for a second chance. Trainer H. Graham Motion brings the filly right back for Sunday's Glens Falls Handicap (gr. IIIT).
Pin Oak Stable's Alternate notched her second consecutive Robert G. Dick Memorial Breeders' Cup Handicap for fillies and mares on the grass at Delaware Park Saturday.
Max Pearson's Lady of the Future won the $100,000 James Penny Memorial Handicap by the narrowest of noses following a stirring stretch duel with My Glare Farm's Where We Left Off Saturday at Philadelphia Park.
Film Maker hopes to add the $100,000 Gallorette Handicap (gr. IIIT) to her credits on the Preakness undercard Saturday at Pimlico.
Joseph Platt Jr.'s Babae, the likely favorite for Saturday's $100,000 Athenia Handicap (gr. III) for fillies and mares, is poised to capture back-to-back runnings of the 1 1/6-mile turf feature at Aqueduct.
In the only added-money race in the U.S. on Tuesday, Lady of the Future, a 7-1 shot, upset 2-5 favorite Calista to win Delaware Park's New Castle Handicap.
Most Popular Stories
- Officials Examining Horse Deaths at Saratoga
- Stallion Oxbow to Stand at Calumet in 2015
- Competitive Group Entered for Smarty Jones
- California Chrome Progressing Toward PA Derby
- Goldencents vs. Wise Dan Showdown Likely
- Lemon Drop Kid: A Class Act
- Knee Surgery to Sideline Kid Cruz for Year
- Hollendorfer Duo Part of Even Yellow Ribbon
- Micromanage Set for Another Distance Test
- Texas Racing Commission OKs Instant Racing