Anstu Stables' homebred Irving's Baby set moderate fractions, then drew away in the stretch to upset the field in Sunday's $600,300 Delaware Handicap (gr. III) at Delaware Park.
If there were any doubts about who's queen of the hill out West these days, Lazy Slusan put 'em on ice on June 3, running away with the $254,300 Milady Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. I) at 1 1/16 miles.
Lazy Slusan, the California-bred, former claiming mare who has become one of racing's top older females, renews her rivalry with Feverish at Hollywood Park on Sunday when seeking the second grade I triumph of her career in the $250,000 Milady Breeders' Cup Handicap for fillies and mares at 1 1/16 miles.
Winstar Farms' License Fee was allowed to set a moderate pace and then drew away to a five-length victory in Sunday's $300,000 Sixty Sails Handicap (gr. III) at Sportsman's Park. Under Larry Melancon, License Fee completed the 1 1/8 miles in 1:49.11 on a fast track. She earned $180,000 for the win, her 14th in 40 career starts, to boost her career earnings past the $1 million mark.
Most Popular Stories
- Prince Bishop Denies U.S. Runners in Dubai
- California Chrome Headed to Royal Ascot
- Mubtaahij Easily Earns Kentucky Derby Spot
- Unbeaten Materiality Secures Florida Derby
- International Star Sweeps to LA Derby Score
- I'm a Chatterbox Notches Easy FG Oaks Victory
- Birdatthewire Tops Familiar Rivals in GP Oaks
- Dortmund Logs Final Work for SA Derby
- Dubai World Cup 2015: Al Quoz Sprint
- Dubai World Cup Video Recap