Anstu Stables' homebred Irving's Baby set moderate fractions, then drew away in the stretch to upset the field in Sunday's $600,300 Delaware Handicap (gr. III) at Delaware Park.
If there were any doubts about who's queen of the hill out West these days, Lazy Slusan put 'em on ice on June 3, running away with the $254,300 Milady Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. I) at 1 1/16 miles.
Lazy Slusan, the California-bred, former claiming mare who has become one of racing's top older females, renews her rivalry with Feverish at Hollywood Park on Sunday when seeking the second grade I triumph of her career in the $250,000 Milady Breeders' Cup Handicap for fillies and mares at 1 1/16 miles.
Winstar Farms' License Fee was allowed to set a moderate pace and then drew away to a five-length victory in Sunday's $300,000 Sixty Sails Handicap (gr. III) at Sportsman's Park. Under Larry Melancon, License Fee completed the 1 1/8 miles in 1:49.11 on a fast track. She earned $180,000 for the win, her 14th in 40 career starts, to boost her career earnings past the $1 million mark.
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity Gets Churchill Score in Clark
- Kaigun Storms From Last to Seabiscuit Win
- The Turf Debut of California Chrome
- Take Charge Brandi, Mr. Z to Los Alamitos
- Judge Rules Veitch Improperly Dismissed
- Classic Point Ekes Out Go for Wand Victory
- Cigar Mile As 'Stallion Maker'
- Sea The Stars Colt Leads Tattersalls Session
- Preparing for Breeding Season
- Stryker Phd Faces Everton in Berkeley 'Cap