Weekend testing done by both a local laboratory and the University of Illinois have come up negative for horses quarantined at Belmont Park that were suspected of having been exposed to the bacteria that causes a contagious respiratory disease called "strangles."
New York Racing Association's veterinarian team has tested every horse in quarantined barn 60 at Belmont Park after the filly Lady Libby showed signs of contracting the respiratory disease strangles.
The New York Racing Association placed the Belmont Park barn of trainer Steve Kappes under quarantine May 27 following discovery of a suspected case of strangles.
Joseph Allen's Asti will be making her first American start in the $100,000 Beaugay Handicap (gr. IIIT) for fillies and mares on the Aqueduct Park turf Saturday.
Brandela and Big Tease tallied mild upset victories Sunday in separate divisions of Belmont Park's Mount Vernon Handicap for New York-bred fillies and mares.
Most Popular Stories
- The Great War No Longer Pursuing Derby
- Field Favored at Close of Derby Wager Pool 3
- Rebel Still Possibilty for Take Charge Brandi
- The Big Beast Sharp in Winning Return
- Daredevil Still Ready for Rescheduled Swale
- Far From Over Interest Sold, Wood Next
- Dortmund, Lord Nelson Set for San Felipe
- Cavalryman Dies After Injury at Meydan
- El Kabeir Breezes for Gotham
- French Group I Winner Creator Dies at 29