Weekend testing done by both a local laboratory and the University of Illinois have come up negative for horses quarantined at Belmont Park that were suspected of having been exposed to the bacteria that causes a contagious respiratory disease called "strangles."
New York Racing Association's veterinarian team has tested every horse in quarantined barn 60 at Belmont Park after the filly Lady Libby showed signs of contracting the respiratory disease strangles.
The New York Racing Association placed the Belmont Park barn of trainer Steve Kappes under quarantine May 27 following discovery of a suspected case of strangles.
Joseph Allen's Asti will be making her first American start in the $100,000 Beaugay Handicap (gr. IIIT) for fillies and mares on the Aqueduct Park turf Saturday.
Brandela and Big Tease tallied mild upset victories Sunday in separate divisions of Belmont Park's Mount Vernon Handicap for New York-bred fillies and mares.
Most Popular Stories
- Bayern Wires Haskell; Favored Untapable 5th
- Big Macher Collects Grade I Bing Crosby Win
- Antipathy Convincing Winner in Muddy Shuvee
- Guys Reward Finds Path to Oceanport Tally
- Valid Breaks Through With Monmouth Cup Win
- Tonalist, Kid Cruz Exit Jim Dandy Well
- Starstruck Back to Winning Ways in Matchmaker
- Ageless Equals Course Record in Royal North
- Majestic River Rolls to Molly Pitcher Win
- Jockey Maria Thornton Gets First Victory