Weekend testing done by both a local laboratory and the University of Illinois have come up negative for horses quarantined at Belmont Park that were suspected of having been exposed to the bacteria that causes a contagious respiratory disease called "strangles."
New York Racing Association's veterinarian team has tested every horse in quarantined barn 60 at Belmont Park after the filly Lady Libby showed signs of contracting the respiratory disease strangles.
The New York Racing Association placed the Belmont Park barn of trainer Steve Kappes under quarantine May 27 following discovery of a suspected case of strangles.
Joseph Allen's Asti will be making her first American start in the $100,000 Beaugay Handicap (gr. IIIT) for fillies and mares on the Aqueduct Park turf Saturday.
Brandela and Big Tease tallied mild upset victories Sunday in separate divisions of Belmont Park's Mount Vernon Handicap for New York-bred fillies and mares.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- Keeneland September Sale Gains Continue
- Somber Mood Hangs Over Suffolk Downs
- Fair Grounds to Withhold Millions from Purses
- Moro Tap to Double Infinity Ranch in Texas
- Artemis Agrotera Heads Gallant Bloom
- Miss Behaviour Targets Charles Town Oaks
- Is PA Derby Best Spot for 'Chrome'?
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- No Dice for Massachusetts Racing, Breeding