Weekend testing done by both a local laboratory and the University of Illinois have come up negative for horses quarantined at Belmont Park that were suspected of having been exposed to the bacteria that causes a contagious respiratory disease called "strangles."
New York Racing Association's veterinarian team has tested every horse in quarantined barn 60 at Belmont Park after the filly Lady Libby showed signs of contracting the respiratory disease strangles.
The New York Racing Association placed the Belmont Park barn of trainer Steve Kappes under quarantine May 27 following discovery of a suspected case of strangles.
Joseph Allen's Asti will be making her first American start in the $100,000 Beaugay Handicap (gr. IIIT) for fillies and mares on the Aqueduct Park turf Saturday.
Brandela and Big Tease tallied mild upset victories Sunday in separate divisions of Belmont Park's Mount Vernon Handicap for New York-bred fillies and mares.
Most Popular Stories
- Gun Runner Powers to Easy Stephen Foster Win
- Paco Lopez Sent to Hospital After Paddock Accident
- McCraken Back to His Old Self in Matt Winn
- Heavy Rain Forces Belmont Park Cancellation
- Forever Unbridled Makes Triumphant Return
- Sircat Sally Remains Undefeated With Honeymoon Win
- Kasaqui Ends Six-Race Skid With Decisive Wise Dan Score
- Faypien Edges Mopotism in Summertime Oaks
- Monmouth Park Bans Shipping to Suffolk Downs
- Unique Bella Nears Return to Training