Tiznow, who was California's Horse of the Year and champion 3-year-old male of 2000, was voted the top older male of 2001 by the California Thoroughbred Breeders Association.
Insistence by owner Howard Baker that Dancing make her U.S. debut in the Santa Ynez Stakes (gr. II) rather than a conditioned allowance race proved successful Monday when the 3-year-old filly took the seven-furlong test at Santa Anita.
While the outcome of Monday's $150,000 Santa Ynez Stakes for 3-year-old fillies won't be known until they run the grade II race at Santa Anita, there is one near-certainty in the race: Triple AAA Ranch Ayanna should have the lead at the first call.
Most Popular Stories
- Annals of Time Surges to Win Hollywood Derby
- California Chrome Logs Work for 'Challenge'
- Vale Dori Impressive in Bayakoa Victory
- Half Dome Dude Sets Remington Track Record
- King and His Court Claims Display Stakes
- Highway Star Wins Go for Wand by a Nose
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Royal Posse Defends Title in Claiming Crown
- Jon Court Hits 4,000-Win Milestone