Tiznow, who was California's Horse of the Year and champion 3-year-old male of 2000, was voted the top older male of 2001 by the California Thoroughbred Breeders Association.
Insistence by owner Howard Baker that Dancing make her U.S. debut in the Santa Ynez Stakes (gr. II) rather than a conditioned allowance race proved successful Monday when the 3-year-old filly took the seven-furlong test at Santa Anita.
While the outcome of Monday's $150,000 Santa Ynez Stakes for 3-year-old fillies won't be known until they run the grade II race at Santa Anita, there is one near-certainty in the race: Triple AAA Ranch Ayanna should have the lead at the first call.
Most Popular Stories
- KY Derby Winner Thunder Gulch Pensioned at 23
- Texas Red Set for Super Return in San Vicente
- Palace Malice Sustains Minor Foot Bruise
- Euro Exchange Tops Finale at OBS Winter Sale
- Upstart is Uplifting for Joanne Nielsen
- Majestic Affair, Lindisfarne Win at Laurel
- 82 Supplements to F-T Winter Mixed Sale
- Soumillon Scores Group II Double at Meydan
- Ties Atop TJC's Experimental Free Handicaps
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame