Tiznow, who was California's Horse of the Year and champion 3-year-old male of 2000, was voted the top older male of 2001 by the California Thoroughbred Breeders Association.
Insistence by owner Howard Baker that Dancing make her U.S. debut in the Santa Ynez Stakes (gr. II) rather than a conditioned allowance race proved successful Monday when the 3-year-old filly took the seven-furlong test at Santa Anita.
While the outcome of Monday's $150,000 Santa Ynez Stakes for 3-year-old fillies won't be known until they run the grade II race at Santa Anita, there is one near-certainty in the race: Triple AAA Ranch Ayanna should have the lead at the first call.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Sprints to Game Malibu Triumph
- Sam's Sister Stuns Taris in Quick La Brea
- California Chrome is Vox Populi Award Winner
- Prado 'Day to Day' After Gulfstream Spill
- Alert Bay Wins Mathis Brothers Mile Thriller
- Nine-Month Suspension Recommended for Veitch
- Leave the Light On for Storm Cat
- Six Grade I Races Set for Belmont Stakes Day
- WV Racing Struggles With Plan for Stability
- New York Stallion Series On Tap at Aqueduct