Tiznow, who was California's Horse of the Year and champion 3-year-old male of 2000, was voted the top older male of 2001 by the California Thoroughbred Breeders Association.
Insistence by owner Howard Baker that Dancing make her U.S. debut in the Santa Ynez Stakes (gr. II) rather than a conditioned allowance race proved successful Monday when the 3-year-old filly took the seven-furlong test at Santa Anita.
While the outcome of Monday's $150,000 Santa Ynez Stakes for 3-year-old fillies won't be known until they run the grade II race at Santa Anita, there is one near-certainty in the race: Triple AAA Ranch Ayanna should have the lead at the first call.
Most Popular Stories
- Gainesway's Tapizar Has First Winner
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Suddenbreakingnews Works, Bound for Belmont
- Champs Meet Again in Nassau
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Miller Promoted at Millennium Farms
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Pegasus World Cup: A Jolt of Reality
- Barretts Sale Features Wide Selection
- Havre de Grace Half Sister Wins at Delaware