Saturday's $150,000 Bourbonette Breeders' Cup on the Lane's End undercard at Turfway Park, run this year for the first time as a grade III race, has attracted 10 sophomore fillies, including four who have already won a stakes race and two others who are stakes placed.
Stevestan Stable's favored French Park remained undefeated in three starts with a well-timed victory over She Says It Best in the $222,200 Golden Rod (gr. II) for 2-year-old fillies Saturday at Churchill Downs.
Beau Dare, who has flashed great promise on the turf and the new polytrack surface, takes on graded stakes winners French Park and She Says It Best in the $200,000-added Golden Rod Stakes (GII) Saturday at Churchill Downs.
Favored French Park jumped from the maiden ranks to graded stakes winner with a sharp 1 3/4-length triumph over a full field in the $120,600 Pocahontas (gr. III) for 2-year-old fillies at Churchill Downs Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- Si Sage Speeds to Whittingham Victory
- Songbird Works at Santa Anita, Target Unknown
- Exaggerator Arrives at Belmont Park
- Surgical Strike Gets His Graded Stakes Win
- Lexie Lou Back to Winning Ways at Woodbine
- Makahiki Wins Japanese Derby
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Royal Ascot Journey Confirmed for Tepin