Saturday's $150,000 Bourbonette Breeders' Cup on the Lane's End undercard at Turfway Park, run this year for the first time as a grade III race, has attracted 10 sophomore fillies, including four who have already won a stakes race and two others who are stakes placed.
Stevestan Stable's favored French Park remained undefeated in three starts with a well-timed victory over She Says It Best in the $222,200 Golden Rod (gr. II) for 2-year-old fillies Saturday at Churchill Downs.
Beau Dare, who has flashed great promise on the turf and the new polytrack surface, takes on graded stakes winners French Park and She Says It Best in the $200,000-added Golden Rod Stakes (GII) Saturday at Churchill Downs.
Favored French Park jumped from the maiden ranks to graded stakes winner with a sharp 1 3/4-length triumph over a full field in the $120,600 Pocahontas (gr. III) for 2-year-old fillies at Churchill Downs Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Zenyatta in Foal to War Front Again
- Violette: NY Exercise Riders Still Covered
- The Truth Or Else Joins Belmont Stakes Mix
- Smooth Stride Could Lift American Pharoah
- Carpe Diem, Madefromlucky Work in Company
- Barretts' First Del Mar Sale Sees Increase
- Secretariat's Birthplace Named 'Historic'
- American Pharoah Jogs One Mile at Churchill
- No Belmont Stakes for Conquest Curlinate
- Lopez Family Faces Off at Golden Gate