Stormy Lord proved too classy for his rivals as he successfully defended his title in the $250,000 PTHA President's Cup, a race that was marred by a three-horse spill on the turf at Philadelphia's Parx Racing Sept. 15.
Woodbine-based Stormy Lord ventured to Philadelphia for the $250,000 PTHA President's Cup and produced a 9-1 upset for trainer Ian Black Sept. 17 on a yielding turf course at Parx Racing.
Relishing the soft condition of Woodbine's turf course, Stormy Lord led every step of the way to take the $172,802 Connaught Cup (Can-IIT) for the first graded stakes victory of his career May 29.
Most Popular Stories
- Archarcharch, Tizway to South Korea
- Better Talk Now Euthanized at Age 18
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Lights of Medina Leads Pletcher Trio in Mother Goose
- Holy Helena Favored for Queen's Plate
- Curlin's Approval Heads Princess Rooney
- Obituary: Jack Arterburn Spent Life in Racing
- Mott Set for Queen's Plate Debut With Channel Maker
- Get your Scorecard, the Travers Trail Has Begun
- Delta Bluesman Aims to Repeat in Smile Sprint