Stormy Lord proved too classy for his rivals as he successfully defended his title in the $250,000 PTHA President's Cup, a race that was marred by a three-horse spill on the turf at Philadelphia's Parx Racing Sept. 15.
Woodbine-based Stormy Lord ventured to Philadelphia for the $250,000 PTHA President's Cup and produced a 9-1 upset for trainer Ian Black Sept. 17 on a yielding turf course at Parx Racing.
Relishing the soft condition of Woodbine's turf course, Stormy Lord led every step of the way to take the $172,802 Connaught Cup (Can-IIT) for the first graded stakes victory of his career May 29.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Fields Set for Louisiana Derby, Fair Grounds Oaks
- I Thought I had Seen it All
- Irish War Cry Works With Wood Memorial Bid Likely
- Second Summer Catches Sharp Azteca in Godolphin Mile
- Gunnevera Leads Busy Sophomore Work Slate