Stormy Lord proved too classy for his rivals as he successfully defended his title in the $250,000 PTHA President's Cup, a race that was marred by a three-horse spill on the turf at Philadelphia's Parx Racing Sept. 15.
Woodbine-based Stormy Lord ventured to Philadelphia for the $250,000 PTHA President's Cup and produced a 9-1 upset for trainer Ian Black Sept. 17 on a yielding turf course at Parx Racing.
Relishing the soft condition of Woodbine's turf course, Stormy Lord led every step of the way to take the $172,802 Connaught Cup (Can-IIT) for the first graded stakes victory of his career May 29.
Most Popular Stories
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year
- Two New Sires to California's Milky Way Farm
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- Jockey Lane Luzzi Follows in Father's Footsteps
- First Foal for Circumference is a Filly
- First Foal a Filly for Grade 1 Winner Danza
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- Slimmed Down Racing May Be Finding Its Footing
- Bahamian Squall's First Foal is a Colt