Stormy Lord proved too classy for his rivals as he successfully defended his title in the $250,000 PTHA President's Cup, a race that was marred by a three-horse spill on the turf at Philadelphia's Parx Racing Sept. 15.
Woodbine-based Stormy Lord ventured to Philadelphia for the $250,000 PTHA President's Cup and produced a 9-1 upset for trainer Ian Black Sept. 17 on a yielding turf course at Parx Racing.
Relishing the soft condition of Woodbine's turf course, Stormy Lord led every step of the way to take the $172,802 Connaught Cup (Can-IIT) for the first graded stakes victory of his career May 29.
Most Popular Stories
- Tribal Rule Yearlings Top Washington Sale
- Plesa Hoping to Get Lucky in Woodward
- Road to the Kentucky Derby Schedule Announced
- Stephanie's Kitten to be Offered at F-T Sale
- Oklahoma-Bred Supplements Up 10% at Remington
- Jockeys to Support Childhood Cancer Awareness
- Kentucky Downs Adds 16 Stable Cameras
- Second Purse Hike at Ohio's ThistleDown
- Fourth Washington Park for Mister Marti Gras
- Big Drama Colt Leads OBS Select Session