Canadian champion Magic Code and grade II turf winner Lady at Peace have been retired from racing and are booked to major Central Kentucky stallions.
Manhattan Handicap (gr. IT) winner Manndar and Del Mar Derby (gr. IIT) winner Walkslikeaduck each worked five furlongs Wednesday at Hollywood Park. Also working Wednesday morning were Lady at Peace, Caffe Latte, Tribunal, and Purely Cozzene.
Ivan Dalos' Fly for Avie, ridden by Todd Kabel, won the $330,000 E.P. Taylor Stakes (Can-I) on Sunday, defeating co-favorites Lady Upstage and Innuendo in a blanket finish. The winner surged down the stretch on the outside to win the 1 1/4-mile race on firm turf in 2:02.78.
Most Popular Stories
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year
- Two New Sires to California's Milky Way Farm
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- NY Proposes Sweeping Equine Drug, Record Rules
- Summer Front's First Foal is a Filly
- Jockey Lane Luzzi Follows in Father's Footsteps
- First Foal a Filly for Grade 1 Winner Danza
- Fair Grounds, Horsemen Rise to Challenge