Bred for stamina top and bottom, Montjeu never would have had a chance had he stood in North America. But Europe is a different world in Thoroughbred breeding.
Frankie Dettori led all the way on favorite Scorpion to win the $828,000 St. Leger Stakes (Eng-I), the world's oldest classic, on Saturday for the third time.
Scorpion heads a field of seven for Saturday's group I Ladbrokes St. Leger Stakes at Doncaster Race Course. This will be the smallest field to face the starter since 1992, when the great filly User Friendly defeated six rivals.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Hence Springs Upset in Sunland Derby
- Dortmund Back to Dirt in Next Start
- Undefeated Ghalia Takes Sunland Park Oaks
- Girvin Heads Louisiana Derby Field
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Farrell Poised for Next Test in Fair Grounds Oaks
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen