In a rousing finish to the Ladbrokes St. Leger (Eng-I), filly Simple Verse got her head over the finish line first from Bondi Beach, who was awarded the victory after a stewards' inquiry Sept. 12 at Doncaster
The staying power of Kentucky-bred Storm the Stars will be tested Sept. 12 at Doncaster, when he meets six opponents in the Ladbrokes St. Leger (Eng-I).
Winless but competitive in three starts this year, Epsom Derby (Eng-I) runner-up Kingston Hill is the favorite for the Ladbrokes St. Leger (Eng-I) Sept. 13.
An 11-horse field that includes Galileo Rock is set for the world's oldest classic, the Ladbrokes St. Leger (Eng-I), which will have its 237th running Sept. 14 at Doncaster.
The English Triple Crown will have to wait at least yet another year as the brilliant Camelot came up three-quarters of a length short to Encke in his bid to make history in the Ladbrokes St. Leger Sept. 15 at Doncaster.
On the eve of undefeated Camelot's quest for the English Triple Crown when he goes to post in the Ladbrokes St. Leger (Eng-I) at Doncaster Racecourse Sept. 15, the colt's father-son trainer-jockey team discuss the 3-year-old.
Masked Marvel drew clear in the final furlong on his way to a decisive three-length victory in the $780,000 Ladbrokes St. Leger Stakes (Eng-I) at Doncaster Racecourse Sept. 10.
Arctic Cosmos made his debut in group I company a winning one as he stormed home under William Buick to capture the Ladbrokes St. Leger Stakes (Eng-I) by 1 3/4-lengths at Doncaster Sept. 11.
Sixties Icon, under a cool ride by Frankie Dettori, scored an emphatic 2½ length victory in the Ladbrokes St. Leger Stakes (Eng-I) at York on Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Six Neglected Horses Cleared to Leave Farm
- Tampa Bay Downs Ready for Summer Festival
- Thoroughbred Makeover Tickets Now for Sale
- PA House Panel Passes Breeding Fund Revisions
- No Horses Injured in Pennsylvania Barn Fire
- Major Expansion Planned for Aqueduct Casino
- What's Going On Here: Internal Forces
- Cuomo Administration Fires Back at Criticism
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby