The former Meadowbrook Farms, which in 2005 was sold to the principals behind Thor-Bred Stable, is back on the real estate market.
Trainers David LaCroix and Melody Conlon were each fined $3,000 by Santa Anita stewards for violating limits on the use of the bronchodilator clenbuterol last year.
Sugar's Saint, a 7-year-old son of Saint Ballado out of the multiple stakes-winning Valid Appeal mare Sugar's Image, will stand at Barbara LaCroix' Ocala Jockey Club near Ocala, Fla.
A deal to purchase the Meadowbrook Farms at the Ocala Jockey Club property has soured and may end up in litigation.
Bob Baffert is considering running Popular in the $200,000 Hollywood Futurity (gr. I) rather than multiple graded stakes winner Officer. Hollywood Prevue winner Fonz's is also being pointed toward the Futurity, but trainer and co-owner David LaCroix also has a decision to make regarding his juvenile.
Most Popular Stories
- Commentary: Permeating Speed is a Problem
- Bolo Thrives in Return to Turf at Santa Anita
- American Pharoah Schools, Back to Galloping
- Materiality, Frosted Drill Toward Belmont
- Zenyatta in Foal to War Front Again
- Son Wins 'Lopez Battle' at Golden Gate Fields
- Blood-Horse Unveils Multimedia Tablet Edition
- The Truth Or Else Joins Belmont Stakes Mix
- Bill Puts USADA in Charge of Drug Testing
- Smooth Stride Could Lift American Pharoah