The former Meadowbrook Farms, which in 2005 was sold to the principals behind Thor-Bred Stable, is back on the real estate market.
Trainers David LaCroix and Melody Conlon were each fined $3,000 by Santa Anita stewards for violating limits on the use of the bronchodilator clenbuterol last year.
Sugar's Saint, a 7-year-old son of Saint Ballado out of the multiple stakes-winning Valid Appeal mare Sugar's Image, will stand at Barbara LaCroix' Ocala Jockey Club near Ocala, Fla.
A deal to purchase the Meadowbrook Farms at the Ocala Jockey Club property has soured and may end up in litigation.
Bob Baffert is considering running Popular in the $200,000 Hollywood Futurity (gr. I) rather than multiple graded stakes winner Officer. Hollywood Prevue winner Fonz's is also being pointed toward the Futurity, but trainer and co-owner David LaCroix also has a decision to make regarding his juvenile.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017
- Conquest Mo Money Carries Local Hopes in Sunland Derby
- Highland Reel Among World Cup Day Turf Runners
- Gun Runner Brings Consistent Class to World Cup Stage
- Classic Empire Back to Work in Ocala
- Kitten's Cat Poised for Spiral Stakes
- Suffolk Downs Files Paperwork for Racetrack Sale
- Mo Don't Know Named Ohio Horse of the Year
- Mastery to Claiborne Farm Upon Retirement