The former Meadowbrook Farms, which in 2005 was sold to the principals behind Thor-Bred Stable, is back on the real estate market.
Trainers David LaCroix and Melody Conlon were each fined $3,000 by Santa Anita stewards for violating limits on the use of the bronchodilator clenbuterol last year.
Sugar's Saint, a 7-year-old son of Saint Ballado out of the multiple stakes-winning Valid Appeal mare Sugar's Image, will stand at Barbara LaCroix' Ocala Jockey Club near Ocala, Fla.
A deal to purchase the Meadowbrook Farms at the Ocala Jockey Club property has soured and may end up in litigation.
Bob Baffert is considering running Popular in the $200,000 Hollywood Futurity (gr. I) rather than multiple graded stakes winner Officer. Hollywood Prevue winner Fonz's is also being pointed toward the Futurity, but trainer and co-owner David LaCroix also has a decision to make regarding his juvenile.
Most Popular Stories
- Delaware Park Cancels July 28 Racing Program
- Bayern Wires Haskell; Favored Untapable 5th
- Milestone Victory for Jockey Centeno
- Big Macher Collects Grade I Bing Crosby Win
- Tonalist, Kid Cruz Exit Jim Dandy Well
- Del Mar Shifting Turf Races After Breakdowns
- Antipathy Convincing Winner in Muddy Shuvee
- Wicked Strong Gets Redemption in Jim Dandy
- Valid Breaks Through With Monmouth Cup Win
- Starstruck Back to Winning Ways in Matchmaker