The California Horse Racing Board gave approval for the Los Angeles County Fair to move its three-week meet to Los Alamitos Race Course after 75 years of racing at the Pomona fairgrounds.
Over the next several months, the Los Angeles County Fair plans to phase out its racing-related activities at Fairplex Park, chief executive officer James Henwood told the California Horse Racing Board April 25.
The California Horse Racing Board will hear a report April 25 on the proposed transfer of the Los Angeles County Fair's 2014 race dates from Fairplex Park to Los Alamitos Race Course.
Fairplex Park announced its intention April 21 to transfer its Los Angeles County Fair Thoroughbred racing dates beginning this fall to Los Alamitos Race Course in Orange County.
Most Popular Stories
- The Day After: No Regrets From Team 'Pharoah'
- Keen Ice Tired After Travers, 'Classic' Ahead
- Keen Ice Springs Travers Upset on 'Pharoah'
- Stellar Wind Dominant in Torrey Pines
- Valid Bounds Away to Iselin Victory
- Runhappy Romps to Record King's Bishop Score
- NY Fan Forum: Improve Customer Service
- Navarro Mulling BC Dirt Mile for Private Zone
- Smokey the Pony Reining at Saratoga
- Site Read Favored in With Anticipation