The California Horse Racing Board gave approval for the Los Angeles County Fair to move its three-week meet to Los Alamitos Race Course after 75 years of racing at the Pomona fairgrounds.
Over the next several months, the Los Angeles County Fair plans to phase out its racing-related activities at Fairplex Park, chief executive officer James Henwood told the California Horse Racing Board April 25.
The California Horse Racing Board will hear a report April 25 on the proposed transfer of the Los Angeles County Fair's 2014 race dates from Fairplex Park to Los Alamitos Race Course.
Fairplex Park announced its intention April 21 to transfer its Los Angeles County Fair Thoroughbred racing dates beginning this fall to Los Alamitos Race Course in Orange County.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Uncle Mo Filly Brings $1 Million at F-T Sale
- What is Uncle Mo Worth?
- Friesan Fire Colt Tops Midlantic at $825,000
- Fast Uncle Mo Filly Tops F-T Midlantic Sale
- So Far, Seven Pointing for Belmont Park
- Exaggerator, Nyquist Set for Belmont Rematch
- Exaggerator Turns the Tables, Wins Preakness