The California Horse Racing Board gave approval for the Los Angeles County Fair to move its three-week meet to Los Alamitos Race Course after 75 years of racing at the Pomona fairgrounds.
Over the next several months, the Los Angeles County Fair plans to phase out its racing-related activities at Fairplex Park, chief executive officer James Henwood told the California Horse Racing Board April 25.
The California Horse Racing Board will hear a report April 25 on the proposed transfer of the Los Angeles County Fair's 2014 race dates from Fairplex Park to Los Alamitos Race Course.
Fairplex Park announced its intention April 21 to transfer its Los Angeles County Fair Thoroughbred racing dates beginning this fall to Los Alamitos Race Course in Orange County.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Blazes to Travers Record
- Strike Charmer Bests Lady Eli in Ballston Spa
- Drefong Gallops Home to King's Bishop Score
- Love the Chase to Sell at F-T November
- Nyquist Begins Work for Pennsylvania Derby
- Calvin Borel Returns to Riding at Ellis Park
- Flintshire Dominant Again in Sword Dancer
- A.P. Indian Gets Second Grade I in Forego
- Cavorting on Top in Personal Ensign
- Haveyougoneaway Surges to Ballerina Win