The California Horse Racing Board gave approval for the Los Angeles County Fair to move its three-week meet to Los Alamitos Race Course after 75 years of racing at the Pomona fairgrounds.
Over the next several months, the Los Angeles County Fair plans to phase out its racing-related activities at Fairplex Park, chief executive officer James Henwood told the California Horse Racing Board April 25.
The California Horse Racing Board will hear a report April 25 on the proposed transfer of the Los Angeles County Fair's 2014 race dates from Fairplex Park to Los Alamitos Race Course.
Fairplex Park announced its intention April 21 to transfer its Los Angeles County Fair Thoroughbred racing dates beginning this fall to Los Alamitos Race Course in Orange County.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert Seeks 7th Futurity Win with Dortmund
- Trainer Wells Pleads Guilty to Rigging Races
- Red Pollard Seabiscuit Saddle to be Auctioned
- Tax Break on Racehorses Passes Congress
- Untapable, Tapiture Settle in at Fair Grounds
- New Management for 2015 at Rillito Park
- New York Panel Announces Winning Casino Bids
- Lenny's Place - Episode 7
- Barretts January Mixed Sale Catalog Online
- New Rules Lead to Spike in Indiana Positives