Air Forbes Won, the 1982 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) favorite who sired 49 stakes winners, was euthanized Nov. 19 at age 30 because of complications from the infirmities of old age.
New York trainer Frank Laboccetta, Jr., has been charged with driving while his ability was impaired by drugs following a weekend accident in Saratoga Springs, New York, according to the Saratogian newspaper.
Bank Audit shoots for her third grade II victory of the season in the $150,000 Vagrancy Handicap on Sunday, the day after the Belmont Stakes (gr. I) at 6 1/2 furlongs.
Streaking Bank Audit got past Sensibly Chic in the final stride to win the $150,000 Genuine Risk Handicap (gr. II) for fillies and mares by a nose Saturday at Belmont Park.
Bank Audit, guided by Richard Migliore, tracked a quick pace from midpack before storming to the front and drawing off to a 1 1/4-length win in the $148,900 Distaff Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II) for fillies and mares at Aqueduct Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- What's Going On Here: Solid at the Core
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Curlin Colt Tops Strong Keeneland Session
- Flashback Retired to Stand at Hill 'n' Dale
- Top 3-Year-Old Fillies to Battle in Cotillion
- Three-Time Grade I Winner Behrens Dies
- Fast Anna Gets Class Relief in Gallant Bob
- Equine Encephalitis Reported in New York
- Oversight Board Reviews NYRA Finances
- Velazquez to Ride Euro Charline in QEII