Air Forbes Won, the 1982 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) favorite who sired 49 stakes winners, was euthanized Nov. 19 at age 30 because of complications from the infirmities of old age.
New York trainer Frank Laboccetta, Jr., has been charged with driving while his ability was impaired by drugs following a weekend accident in Saratoga Springs, New York, according to the Saratogian newspaper.
Bank Audit shoots for her third grade II victory of the season in the $150,000 Vagrancy Handicap on Sunday, the day after the Belmont Stakes (gr. I) at 6 1/2 furlongs.
Streaking Bank Audit got past Sensibly Chic in the final stride to win the $150,000 Genuine Risk Handicap (gr. II) for fillies and mares by a nose Saturday at Belmont Park.
Bank Audit, guided by Richard Migliore, tracked a quick pace from midpack before storming to the front and drawing off to a 1 1/4-length win in the $148,900 Distaff Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II) for fillies and mares at Aqueduct Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Rest at WinStar
- Hill Specialist Ambitious Brew Takes Eddie D.
- Postponed Clear Favorite in Arc de Triomphe
- Suffolk Downs Applies for Six 2017 Race Dates
- NYRA Sanctioned for Aqueduct Water Pollution
- Tepin Works Half-Mile at Saratoga
- Charlton’s Abbotts Retiring on Own Terms
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- Hope for Distribution of PA Breeder Awards