Taptam, one of two contenders entered by Bret Calhoun, will carry top weight of 122 pounds in the $100,000 Gardenia Stakes (gr. III), the featured race of the Ellis Park summer meet.
Devil by Design, making her season debut for trainer Bill Mott, overcame early trouble to take control in the final furlong, winning the $100,000 Chicago Handicap (gr. III) July 3 at Arlington Park.
Grade I winners Dr. Zic and Hooh Why head a field of eight older fillies and mares in the $100,000 Chicago Handicap (gr. III) at Arlington Park July 3.
La Rocca, ridden by James McAleney, dictated an easy pace and then repelled odds-on choice Simply Splendid to win the $144,780 Ontario Matron Stakes by a half-length at Woodbine July 25.
Odds-on choice Tasty Temptation delivered her fourth consecutive victory when she collared pacesetter La Rocca in deep stretch to win the $115,338 Hill 'N' Dale Stakes at Woodbine June 20.
PORTER ON PEDIGREES, by Alan Porter
With dual scores in the British Columbia classics, Toccet's progeny have made the stallion a hot second-crop sire.
Most Popular Stories
- Pure Sensation Questionable for HK Sprint
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- Able Friend Out to Regain Hong Kong Glory
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- Resilient Humor Debut Winner for Sassy Image
- Retired Valet Ward Dies in Kentucky
- Trainer Brown Gearing Up for Gulfstream
- Aqueduct Announcers Bring Youth, Experience
- A Look Back at A.P. Indy's Hollywood Futurity