Taptam, one of two contenders entered by Bret Calhoun, will carry top weight of 122 pounds in the $100,000 Gardenia Stakes (gr. III), the featured race of the Ellis Park summer meet.
Devil by Design, making her season debut for trainer Bill Mott, overcame early trouble to take control in the final furlong, winning the $100,000 Chicago Handicap (gr. III) July 3 at Arlington Park.
Grade I winners Dr. Zic and Hooh Why head a field of eight older fillies and mares in the $100,000 Chicago Handicap (gr. III) at Arlington Park July 3.
La Rocca, ridden by James McAleney, dictated an easy pace and then repelled odds-on choice Simply Splendid to win the $144,780 Ontario Matron Stakes by a half-length at Woodbine July 25.
Odds-on choice Tasty Temptation delivered her fourth consecutive victory when she collared pacesetter La Rocca in deep stretch to win the $115,338 Hill 'N' Dale Stakes at Woodbine June 20.
PORTER ON PEDIGREES, by Alan Porter
With dual scores in the British Columbia classics, Toccet's progeny have made the stallion a hot second-crop sire.
Most Popular Stories
- Alert Bay Repeats in San Francisco Mile
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby
- Thunder Snow Confirmed for Kentucky Derby
- Fast Work Provides Relief for Girvin's Connections
- Trust in Tammy: Fox Taught J Boys Echo His Lessons Well
- Gormley Puts in Unconventional Final Derby Work
- McErin, Five Fillies Take on Kentucky Juvenile Stakes
- War Correspondent Responds in Miami Mile
- Pletcher Breezes Four Kentucky Derby Hopefuls
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out