Taptam, one of two contenders entered by Bret Calhoun, will carry top weight of 122 pounds in the $100,000 Gardenia Stakes (gr. III), the featured race of the Ellis Park summer meet.
Devil by Design, making her season debut for trainer Bill Mott, overcame early trouble to take control in the final furlong, winning the $100,000 Chicago Handicap (gr. III) July 3 at Arlington Park.
Grade I winners Dr. Zic and Hooh Why head a field of eight older fillies and mares in the $100,000 Chicago Handicap (gr. III) at Arlington Park July 3.
La Rocca, ridden by James McAleney, dictated an easy pace and then repelled odds-on choice Simply Splendid to win the $144,780 Ontario Matron Stakes by a half-length at Woodbine July 25.
Odds-on choice Tasty Temptation delivered her fourth consecutive victory when she collared pacesetter La Rocca in deep stretch to win the $115,338 Hill 'N' Dale Stakes at Woodbine June 20.
PORTER ON PEDIGREES, by Alan Porter
With dual scores in the British Columbia classics, Toccet's progeny have made the stallion a hot second-crop sire.
Most Popular Stories
- Rodenticide Linked to Six Sudden Horse Deaths
- Disco Rico Euthanized After Laminitis Battle
- Horsemen, Suffolk Downs Continue Discussion
- Durkin to Receive Eclipse Award of Merit
- Trainer Wells Pleads Guilty to Rigging Races
- Slideshow: 2014 Farewells
- Attorney: NYTHA Protest Plan Not Objective
- Baffert Seeks 7th Futurity Win with Dortmund
- Tax Break on Racehorses Passes Congress
- RCI Appoints Five to New Medication Board