California invader La Martina, the odds-on 1-2 favorite in a field of eight 3-year-old fillies, dug in courageously inside the final sixteenth of mile to win Thursday's $125,000 Walmac Lone Star Oaks.
Trainer Ron McAnally hopes to spring an upset in the $200,000 Honeymoon Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIT) Saturday at Hollywood Park with French-import Alozaina. If he does, he will tie the late trainer Charlie Whittingham for most Honeymoon victories.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Nyquist Improving; Exaggerator Jogs Two Miles
- Making the Grade: Exaggerator's Belmont Shot
- Woodward, Hancock to Racing Hall of Fame
- Nine Honored at Walk of Champions Gala
- Court Order Has Preciado Racing Again at Parx
- Centeno Recovering in Florida After Spill
- Uncle Mo Filly Brings $1 Million at F-T Sale