California invader La Martina, the odds-on 1-2 favorite in a field of eight 3-year-old fillies, dug in courageously inside the final sixteenth of mile to win Thursday's $125,000 Walmac Lone Star Oaks.
Trainer Ron McAnally hopes to spring an upset in the $200,000 Honeymoon Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIT) Saturday at Hollywood Park with French-import Alozaina. If he does, he will tie the late trainer Charlie Whittingham for most Honeymoon victories.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Named 2016 Longines World's Best Racehorse
- Arrogate Celebrated as Longines World's Best Racehorse
- Arrogate, California Chrome Meet Again in Pegasus
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - January 24, 2017
- Champion Steeplechaser Rawnaq to Miss 2017 Season
- Behind Scenes of Arrogate’s World’s Best Ranking
- Total of 418 3-year-olds Nominated to 2017 Triple Crown
- Shipley Named President, GM of Fair Grounds
- Classic Empire Top Individual Choice in KDFW Pool 2
- A Q & A With Juddmonte Farms' Teddy Grimthorpe