Trainer Andreas Schultz won Hamburg's German Oaks (Ger-I) for the third time in a row Sunday when Amarette, making just her third career start, held off America-bound La Ina and Saldentigerin in a driving finish.
American-bred Coqueteria finished a strong third behind 54-1 stunner Shapira in the Henkel-Rennen German 1,000 Guineas (Ger-II) for 3-year-old fillies at Dusseldorf on Sunday.
Team Valor has purchased German stakes winner La Ina and is pointing her for her United States debut in the $700,000 American Oaks (gr. I) on July 3 at Hollywood Park if she is invited, according to president Barry Irwin.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- Exaggerator Questionable for Jim Dandy
- Late Run Lifts Dacita to Victory in Diana
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- California Diamond Shines in Paddock Sale
- Enola Gray Still Perfect After Del Mar Run
- Bitumen Rallies to Sanford Score
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis
- Blame Angel Wins a Day After Trainer's Death