Trainer Andreas Schultz won Hamburg's German Oaks (Ger-I) for the third time in a row Sunday when Amarette, making just her third career start, held off America-bound La Ina and Saldentigerin in a driving finish.
American-bred Coqueteria finished a strong third behind 54-1 stunner Shapira in the Henkel-Rennen German 1,000 Guineas (Ger-II) for 3-year-old fillies at Dusseldorf on Sunday.
Team Valor has purchased German stakes winner La Ina and is pointing her for her United States debut in the $700,000 American Oaks (gr. I) on July 3 at Hollywood Park if she is invited, according to president Barry Irwin.
Most Popular Stories
- Semper Fortis Takes Ralis' Spot in Pegasus World Cup
- Gun Runner Likely Out of Pegasus World Cup
- Keen Ice to Calumet Upon Retirement
- California Chrome Again Horse of the Year
- Tepin Gets Serious in Latest Work
- Suddenbreakingnews Set to Return at Oaklawn
- Shaman Ghost Works Bullet in Pegasus Prep
- OBS to Offer Experienced Racehorses, Yearlings, Mares
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Sherman Staying in the Moment With California Chrome