Trainer Andreas Schultz won Hamburg's German Oaks (Ger-I) for the third time in a row Sunday when Amarette, making just her third career start, held off America-bound La Ina and Saldentigerin in a driving finish.
American-bred Coqueteria finished a strong third behind 54-1 stunner Shapira in the Henkel-Rennen German 1,000 Guineas (Ger-II) for 3-year-old fillies at Dusseldorf on Sunday.
Team Valor has purchased German stakes winner La Ina and is pointing her for her United States debut in the $700,000 American Oaks (gr. I) on July 3 at Hollywood Park if she is invited, according to president Barry Irwin.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier
- Colonel John Sold, to Stand in Korea in 2017
- Runhappy Faces Five in Ack Ack
- Beholder, Stellar Wind Renew Rivalry
- Flintshire Rolls Into Joe Hirsch Turf Classic
- Jockey Collins Suffers Paralysis After Spill
- Snowden Death Investigation 'Inactive'
- Klimt to Stretch Out in FrontRunner
- Air Force Blue Retired to Ashford Stud