Trainer Andreas Schultz won Hamburg's German Oaks (Ger-I) for the third time in a row Sunday when Amarette, making just her third career start, held off America-bound La Ina and Saldentigerin in a driving finish.
American-bred Coqueteria finished a strong third behind 54-1 stunner Shapira in the Henkel-Rennen German 1,000 Guineas (Ger-II) for 3-year-old fillies at Dusseldorf on Sunday.
Team Valor has purchased German stakes winner La Ina and is pointing her for her United States debut in the $700,000 American Oaks (gr. I) on July 3 at Hollywood Park if she is invited, according to president Barry Irwin.
Most Popular Stories
- Oaklawn Reaches Agreement With United Tote
- Longtime Voice of Fairmount Park to Retire
- Los Alamitos Schedules California Chrome Day
- Keeneland to Handle VinMar Dispersal
- Arrogate Blazes to Travers Record
- What's Going On Here: It Ain't All Flowers
- Review: Spa Surface Not Factor in Fatalities
- Baffert Reflects on Arrogate's Travers Romp
- 360 Cataloged for Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale
- BH 100: Rapping at Derby's Door