Trainer Andreas Schultz won Hamburg's German Oaks (Ger-I) for the third time in a row Sunday when Amarette, making just her third career start, held off America-bound La Ina and Saldentigerin in a driving finish.
American-bred Coqueteria finished a strong third behind 54-1 stunner Shapira in the Henkel-Rennen German 1,000 Guineas (Ger-II) for 3-year-old fillies at Dusseldorf on Sunday.
Team Valor has purchased German stakes winner La Ina and is pointing her for her United States debut in the $700,000 American Oaks (gr. I) on July 3 at Hollywood Park if she is invited, according to president Barry Irwin.
Most Popular Stories
- Goldencents Posts Repeat in Dirt Mile
- Hootenanny Rallies to Win Juvenile Turf
- Lady Eli Sharp in Juvenile Fillies Turf
- Weanling Daughter of Champion Zenyatta Dies
- Bob Neumeier Hospitalized After a Stroke
- Chitu Makes Quick Work of Damascus Rivals
- Untapable Powers to Breeders' Cup Distaff Win
- Moore: 'If it Rains, I hope it Rains Hard'
- Long On Value's Late Run Lands Twilight Derby
- Patient Cary Street Wins Las Vegas Marathon