Trainer Andreas Schultz won Hamburg's German Oaks (Ger-I) for the third time in a row Sunday when Amarette, making just her third career start, held off America-bound La Ina and Saldentigerin in a driving finish.
American-bred Coqueteria finished a strong third behind 54-1 stunner Shapira in the Henkel-Rennen German 1,000 Guineas (Ger-II) for 3-year-old fillies at Dusseldorf on Sunday.
Team Valor has purchased German stakes winner La Ina and is pointing her for her United States debut in the $700,000 American Oaks (gr. I) on July 3 at Hollywood Park if she is invited, according to president Barry Irwin.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Has Final Breeze for Belmont
- NBC Set for Belmont Stakes Coverage
- McLaughlin: Frosted Has to Have 'A-Plus' Day
- Carpe Diem Will Not Be Entered in Belmont
- Donegal Hopes Keen Ice Can Cool Off Pharoah
- Napravnik, Sharp Welcome Baby Boy
- Lawyer for Rubinsky Sues Zayat for Libel
- Belmont Undercard: Honor Code, Bayern Prepare
- The Truth Or Else Out of Belmont Stakes
- Pletcher Seeking Third Belmont Stakes