Trainer Andreas Schultz won Hamburg's German Oaks (Ger-I) for the third time in a row Sunday when Amarette, making just her third career start, held off America-bound La Ina and Saldentigerin in a driving finish.
American-bred Coqueteria finished a strong third behind 54-1 stunner Shapira in the Henkel-Rennen German 1,000 Guineas (Ger-II) for 3-year-old fillies at Dusseldorf on Sunday.
Team Valor has purchased German stakes winner La Ina and is pointing her for her United States debut in the $700,000 American Oaks (gr. I) on July 3 at Hollywood Park if she is invited, according to president Barry Irwin.
Most Popular Stories
- Stallion Oxbow to Stand at Calumet in 2015
- Officials Examining Horse Deaths at Saratoga
- California Chrome Progressing Toward PA Derby
- Micromanage Set for Another Distance Test
- Ben's Cat Seeks Third Turf Monster Victory
- Texas Racing Commission OKs Instant Racing
- Knee Surgery to Sideline Kid Cruz for Year
- Lemon Drop Kid: A Class Act
- Saratoga Racing Secretary Gabriel Leaving
- Gelfenstein Farm Blossoms in Ocala