Trainer Andreas Schultz won Hamburg's German Oaks (Ger-I) for the third time in a row Sunday when Amarette, making just her third career start, held off America-bound La Ina and Saldentigerin in a driving finish.
American-bred Coqueteria finished a strong third behind 54-1 stunner Shapira in the Henkel-Rennen German 1,000 Guineas (Ger-II) for 3-year-old fillies at Dusseldorf on Sunday.
Team Valor has purchased German stakes winner La Ina and is pointing her for her United States debut in the $700,000 American Oaks (gr. I) on July 3 at Hollywood Park if she is invited, according to president Barry Irwin.
Most Popular Stories
- Beholder, Warren's Veneda Face Off in Vanity
- Keeneland Simulcast Operations to Red Mile
- NYRA to Cap Belmont Attendance at 90,000
- MarketWatch: Jamie Hill on Sires, Pinhooking
- Hardest Core in Man o' War vs. Imagining
- Powers, Billy Kelly Selected for Hall of Fame
- Goo Goo Dolls to Perform Belmont Weekend
- 1995 Kentucky Derby Race Sequence
- Wolf Man Rocket Ships in for Peter Pan Stakes
- Mr. Z Camp Still Undecided on Preakness