Recent group I Sun Chariot Stakes heroine Spinning Queen (by Spinning World) spear-headed a dramatic opening breeding stock day at the Tattersalls December Sale in Newmarket when selling for 3 million guineas (about $6.1 million), a record at the event.
The promise of a "family affair" was kept Saturday at Haydock Park with the result of the group I William Hill Sprint Cup. Goodricke, carrying the colors of Sheikh Mohammed, held off the speedy filly La Cucaracha to notch his first group I score.
Most Popular Stories
- Weanling Daughter of Champion Zenyatta Dies
- Jockey Rosie Napravnik Announces Retirement
- Untapable Powers to Breeders' Cup Distaff Win
- Tapit Shatters Single-Season Earnings Mark
- Goldencents Posts Repeat in Dirt Mile
- Bob Neumeier Hospitalized After a Stroke
- Hootenanny Rallies to Win Juvenile Turf
- Lady Eli Sharp in Juvenile Fillies Turf
- Longform: Long Live the Queen
- BC Day One: Attendance Up, Wagering Down