Bully Bones made it back-to-back victories to begin her career when she won Saturday's $150,000 Sorrento Stakes (gr. III) for 2-year-old fillies in determined fashion at Del Mar.
Hollywood Prevue (gr. III) winner Fonz's and stakes-placed were on track Saturday morning in preparation for the Mar. 2 San Rafael Stakes (gr. II).
Sure, he looked strong, and there seemed to be some promise in his bloodlines. Then again, the chestnut colt had hind ankles questionable enough that most buyers simply turned their backs. For trainer David LaCroix, the $10,500 price tag represented a bargain, a gamble, a chance. There really was no further reason for him to think, or to dream, any bigger. That horse, Fonz's, returned from a nearly six-month layoff to win the $100,000 Hollywood Prevue Stakes (gr. III) Saturday at Hollywood Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Lexington Tracks Eye Instant Racing Licenses
- WV Racing, Breeding Take 10% Revenue Hit
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Relieving Laminitis Pain in the Field
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream