Bully Bones made it back-to-back victories to begin her career when she won Saturday's $150,000 Sorrento Stakes (gr. III) for 2-year-old fillies in determined fashion at Del Mar.
Hollywood Prevue (gr. III) winner Fonz's and stakes-placed were on track Saturday morning in preparation for the Mar. 2 San Rafael Stakes (gr. II).
Sure, he looked strong, and there seemed to be some promise in his bloodlines. Then again, the chestnut colt had hind ankles questionable enough that most buyers simply turned their backs. For trainer David LaCroix, the $10,500 price tag represented a bargain, a gamble, a chance. There really was no further reason for him to think, or to dream, any bigger. That horse, Fonz's, returned from a nearly six-month layoff to win the $100,000 Hollywood Prevue Stakes (gr. III) Saturday at Hollywood Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Lady Eli Sparkles in Belmont Oaks
- Gimme Da Lute Holds On in Los Alamitos Derby
- Alliseeisgold Wires Cleveland Gold Cup
- Effinex Outlasts Tonalist at Wire in Suburban
- Private Zone All the Way in Belmont Sprint
- Force the Pass Brilliant in Belmont Derby
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- No Positives in June 2015 Economic Indicators
- Speightster Still Undefeated With Dwyer Win
- Coffee Clique Proves Best in James Penny