Bully Bones made it back-to-back victories to begin her career when she won Saturday's $150,000 Sorrento Stakes (gr. III) for 2-year-old fillies in determined fashion at Del Mar.
Hollywood Prevue (gr. III) winner Fonz's and stakes-placed were on track Saturday morning in preparation for the Mar. 2 San Rafael Stakes (gr. II).
Sure, he looked strong, and there seemed to be some promise in his bloodlines. Then again, the chestnut colt had hind ankles questionable enough that most buyers simply turned their backs. For trainer David LaCroix, the $10,500 price tag represented a bargain, a gamble, a chance. There really was no further reason for him to think, or to dream, any bigger. That horse, Fonz's, returned from a nearly six-month layoff to win the $100,000 Hollywood Prevue Stakes (gr. III) Saturday at Hollywood Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Trade Storm Reigns With Woodbine Mile Upset
- Wake Up Nick Wins Again in Barretts Juvenile
- Keeneland September Book 2 Sees Big Gains
- Deceptive Vision Sweeps to Canadian Tally
- Alert Bay Strikes in British Columbia Derby
- Super Ninety Nine to Country Life for 2015
- Sheikhzayedroad Surges to Northern Dancer Win
- Lubash, Invading Humor Take NY-Bred Stakes
- Dual Grade I Winner Wigmore Hall Euthanized
- Baltic Baroness Wins Vermeille, Treve Fourth