Ian Tapp takes us through the Fasig-Tipton November Breeding Stock Sale numbers. Listen to comments from Mark Taylor of Taylor Made Sales, Jane Lyon, Brereton Jones, and Ken Ramsey. watch video
Twenty-three horses sold for $1 million or more at November mixed sale in Lexington, but median was down 20% from last year.
La Cloche, a 7-year-old mare by Ghostzapper out of the Silver Hawk mare Memories of Silver, was sold to Don Alberto Corp. for $2.4 million Nov. 3 at the Fasig-Tipton November sale.
Tom and Pete handicap the Cardinal Handicap at Churchill Downs this week. Watch Video
James Miller's grade I winner Daisy Devine heads $100,000 Cardinal Handicap (gr. IIIT) Nov. 10 at Churchill Downs, but the proven speedster could face challenge from Winter Memories' half sister, the late-closing La Cloche.
Phillips Racing Partnership's homebred La Cloche, a half sister to Winter Memories, came flying with a tremendous late kick to win the $150,000 Athenia Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Belmont Park Oct. 13.
Winter Memories will attempt to win her fourth graded stakes at Belmont Park when she makes her 2012 debut in the $150,000 Beaugay (gr. IIIT) on May 5.
In her stakes debut, Dade Babe sped away from her rivals on the first turn and was never caught, winning the $100,000 Pucker Up Stakes (gr. IIIT) on the Arlington Park turf by 3 3/4 lengths Sept. 6.
Most Popular Stories
- Mor Spirit Move Pleases Baffert, Stevens
- Creator Turns in Final Kentucky Derby Breeze
- Gun Runner Wraps Up Major Pre-Derby Work
- Nyquist Top 3YO in Final Pre-Derby NTRA Poll
- Asmussen Breezes Four Oaks Hopefuls
- California Chrome Arrives at Los Alamitos
- Carina Mia Breezes at Churchill Downs
- Hermann Named Golden Gate Announcer
- Coil's First Starter Wins in California
- Suddenbreakingnews to Have New Look in Derby