The sixth annual Secretariat Festival in Paris, Ky., features an appearance by Penny Chenery, and the world premiere of film "Penny & Red: The Life of Secretariat's Owner."
Old Friends, a non-profit Thoroughbred retirement facility, has received a second $50,000 grant from the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals.
- By Ryan Conley
David Mueller knows all about flying high, so he was pleased to see a horse he bred soar among the top prices realized in the Aug. 6 opening session of the Fasig-Tipton Saratoga yearling sale.
Multiple stakes winner Wallenda has arrived at Old Friends, the Thoroughbred Retirement Facility based in Georgetown, KY. The 17-year-old horse is the 5th stallion bred in North America that has been returned to the United States from stud duty in Japan by the non-profit organization.
Katheryn Cerny has been named farm manager at Margaux Farm near Midway, Ky., where she previously held the position of broodmare manager.
Bruce Lunsford's heavily favored Madcap Escapade stalked the early pace of the seven-furlong Vinery Madison Stakes (gr. III) at Keeneland Race Course before sweeping around the turn to grab Wednesday's $200,000 feature. Jerry Bailey was aboard for a muddy trip in 1:23.33 after quick early fractions of :21.59 and :43.75.
TwoCan Marketing has announced the 2nd annual Derby Eve celebration "Evening of Champions" will be held WinStar Farm, near Lexington, Ky., on Friday, May 6.
Ron Frederic's Tri-County Farm near Georgetown, Ky., will be auctioned Sept. 20. Frederic decided he needs to focus his time and attention not on 285 acres full of horses, but on his company New Image International.
Most Popular Stories
- Frivolous Posts Falls City Handicap Upset
- Finnegans Wake Prevails in Hollywood Turf Cup
- After Gallop, California Chrome Ready to Go
- Daddy D T Tops Cecil B. DeMille Stakes
- Salutos Amigos Rallies to Win Fall Highweight
- Nathaniel Filly Tops Tattersalls Foal Session
- Discreet Marq, La Tia Square Off in Matriarch
- Euros Inside and Out After Japan Cup Draw
- Chrome to Go for the Green in Hollywood Derby
- An Opportunity for Hoppertunity in the Clark