Danzig, whose 181 stakes winners is the most for any North American stallion, has been retired from stud duty.
Breeder/owner Henryk de Kwaitkowski, who became a hero of sorts by purchasing historic Calumet Farm at auction in 1992 following a dismal period in the farm's history, died Monday.
Most Popular Stories
- Cigar Mile Stakes Card Fields Taking Shape
- Indiana Reports Multiple Medication Sanctions
- Ben's Cat Faces Tough Task in Fabulous Strike
- Wild Again Still Impacting the Breeders' Cup
- New Jersey to Press On for Sports Betting
- Suffolk Eyes Simulcast License for Next Year
- Moore, Ortiz Line Up for HK Jockey Battle
- Monmouth, Atlantic City Granted 2015 Dates
- Broadcaster Edwards to Emcee Eclipse Awards
- Goffs Registers Record-Breaking Foal Sale