Danzig, whose 181 stakes winners is the most for any North American stallion, has been retired from stud duty.
Breeder/owner Henryk de Kwaitkowski, who became a hero of sorts by purchasing historic Calumet Farm at auction in 1992 following a dismal period in the farm's history, died Monday.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Tops NTRA Poll
- Dortmund to Track, Other Derby Horses Arrive
- California Chrome Adjusting to Newmarket
- Ranking the Kentucky Derby Workouts
- Baffert May Not Enter Filly in Kentucky Oaks
- Weir, Lipinski on NBC Social Media for Derby
- Upstart Breeder Out of Hospital, CD Bound
- Alto Aims High With Materiality
- Lenny's Place: Kentucky Derby Edition
- NJ Casino Simulcast Bill Signed Into Law