Danzig, whose 181 stakes winners is the most for any North American stallion, has been retired from stud duty.
Breeder/owner Henryk de Kwaitkowski, who became a hero of sorts by purchasing historic Calumet Farm at auction in 1992 following a dismal period in the farm's history, died Monday.
Most Popular Stories
- Heir Kitty Set for Return in Great Lady M
- Equine Infections Disease Outbreak Response 101
- Kentucky Horses Lose a Friend in Vet Byars
- Full Field of 14 Contest Wide-Open Modesty
- Hoppertunity Heading Home to California
- Hialeah Sees New Thoroughbred Opportunity
- Princess of Sylmar Seeks Del 'Cap Rebound
- Panel: Change in Culture Needed in Racing
- Sky Lantern Takes Second Crack at Falmouth
- Boisterous Holds Class Edge in Bowling Green