Ground was broken July 1 for the Dean Kutz Memorial Chapel at Canterbury Park, which plans to open it sometime during the current racing season.
Veteran jockey Dean Kutz, who overcame countless physical setbacks to ride more than 2,800 winners during his career, died Sunday morning in Lexington's Saint Joseph Hospital following a long illness. He was 48.
Jockeys Russell Baze, Robbie Davis, Larry Melancon, and Ray Sibille have been nominated for the 2002 George Woolf Memorial Jockey Award.
Most Popular Stories
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Lord Nelson Lunges to Triple Bend Score
- Un Autre First Winner for I'll Have Another
- Night Racing Debuts at Albuquerque; Handle Up
- Nyquist Logs Easy Afternoon Workout
- Tepin Makes Stop at Belmont Park
- Sarah Sis Returns to Winning Ways in Chicago
- Isabella Sings Sails Home in Eatontown