Ground was broken July 1 for the Dean Kutz Memorial Chapel at Canterbury Park, which plans to open it sometime during the current racing season.
Veteran jockey Dean Kutz, who overcame countless physical setbacks to ride more than 2,800 winners during his career, died Sunday morning in Lexington's Saint Joseph Hospital following a long illness. He was 48.
Jockeys Russell Baze, Robbie Davis, Larry Melancon, and Ray Sibille have been nominated for the 2002 George Woolf Memorial Jockey Award.
Most Popular Stories
- Winx Soars to Fifteenth Straight Win
- Veteran Kentucky-Based Hot Walker Roche Dies at 91
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Fair Grounds in the Spotlight
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Baffert Talks 2017 Triple Crown
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Elliott Honored with George Woolf Memorial Jockey Award
- Oscar Performance Targeting Keeneland for Season Debut
- Guest Suite Taking Farish, Howard on Classic Ride