Ground was broken July 1 for the Dean Kutz Memorial Chapel at Canterbury Park, which plans to open it sometime during the current racing season.
Veteran jockey Dean Kutz, who overcame countless physical setbacks to ride more than 2,800 winners during his career, died Sunday morning in Lexington's Saint Joseph Hospital following a long illness. He was 48.
Jockeys Russell Baze, Robbie Davis, Larry Melancon, and Ray Sibille have been nominated for the 2002 George Woolf Memorial Jockey Award.
Most Popular Stories
- Red Pollard Seabiscuit Saddle to be Auctioned
- Baffert Seeks 7th Futurity Win with Dortmund
- Trainer Wells Pleads Guilty to Rigging Races
- Untapable, Tapiture Settle in at Fair Grounds
- Barretts January Mixed Sale Catalog Online
- New Management for 2015 at Rillito Park
- Lenny's Place - Episode 7
- New Rules Lead to Spike in Indiana Positives
- New York Panel Announces Winning Casino Bids
- Tax Break on Racehorses Passes Congress