A squadron of bold new buyers in the middle market lifted up the Japan Racing Horse Association select sale, keeping the foal portion nearly on pace with last year's scorching record results even though there were fewer players competing for the most expensive horses.
Gross revenue reached a record high of ¥3.792 billion ($32,081,218) Monday, the first day of the two-day Japan Racing Horse Association Select Sale held on Japan's northern island of Hokkaido.
Most Popular Stories
- Maiden No More, Laoban Stuns Jim Dandy Rivals
- A. P. Indian Outduels Holy Boss in Vanderbilt
- Flintshire Scores in Eventful Bowling Green
- Lexie Lou Goes Wire to Wire in Victoriana
- Seeking the Gold Dies at 31
- Minding Overcomes Trouble for Nassau Win
- Pennsylvania Sanctions Trainer Preciado
- Mind Your Biscuits Takes Amsterdam
- China Group to Build Caribbean Resort, Track
- BH 100: Summer Saturdays