A squadron of bold new buyers in the middle market lifted up the Japan Racing Horse Association select sale, keeping the foal portion nearly on pace with last year's scorching record results even though there were fewer players competing for the most expensive horses.
Gross revenue reached a record high of ¥3.792 billion ($32,081,218) Monday, the first day of the two-day Japan Racing Horse Association Select Sale held on Japan's northern island of Hokkaido.
Most Popular Stories
- Carpe Diem Back at Keeneland for Blue Grass
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for March 31, 2015
- Fracture Knocks Far From Over Off Derby Trail
- Suffolk Expected to Apply for 2015 Live Dates
- Stallion Sharp Humor Dies in South Korea
- Undrafted Opens Season in Shakertown
- Kobe's Back Returns East for Commonwealth
- Judy the Beauty Heads Busy Work Tab for Ward
- Officials: Penalty System Key Part of Program
- Peace and War Returns for Ashland