Eldaafer, a starter in the Breeders' Cup Marathon a year ago, could be on his way back to the World Championship event once again thanks to his half-length score in the Turfway Park Fall Championship Stakes (gr. III).
Danzon, claimed for $80,000 in her laast prior start, prevailed in a wild photo finish that saw six horses finish within about two lengths of each other in the $116,200 Locust Grove Handicap (gr. IIIT) July 3.
Jockey Greta Kuntzweiler suffered a back injury in a training accident May 21 at Churchill Downs and could be out of action for three months.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Suddenbreakingnews Works, Bound for Belmont
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Gainesway's Tapizar Has First Winner
- Champs Meet Again in Nassau
- Pegasus World Cup: A Jolt of Reality
- Havre de Grace Half Sister Wins at Delaware
- Barretts Sale Features Wide Selection