Smokey Glacken and Splendid Blended will clash in an outstanding renewal of Saturday's $100,000 Hurricane Bertie Handicap (gr. III), with a full field of 12 fillies and mares entered in the 6½-furlong sprint at Gulfstream Park.
Susan and John Moore's Smokey Glacken collared favorite Trickle of Gold near the quarter pole and drew away in the stretch to capture Saturday's $100,000 First Lady Handicap (gr. III) for fillies and mares by 4 1/4 lengths at Gulfstream Park.
Barry Ostrager and Roddy Valente's venerable 9-year-old mare Lilah makes what will most likely be her final start Saturday in the $100,000 First Lady Handicap (gr. III) at Gulfstream Park.
The versatile California-bred mare Bear Fan, a winner of three consecutive stakes victories, tops a field of nine fillies and mares entered for the $150,000 Vagrancy Handicap (gr. II) at 6 1/2 furlongs on the Belmont Stakes undercard Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Curlin Colt Sells for $350,000 at F-T October
- Cinco Charlie to Spendthrift Farm
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Tapit Colt Late Withdrawal from F-T Sale
- Malibu Moon Filly Sells for $300,000 at F-T
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic
- Inside the Magical Kingdom of Ballydoyle
- Positive Start to Fasig-Tipton October Sale
- Harzand to Aga Khan’s Gilltown Stud