Genting, operator of the successful Aqueduct casino, is expanding its holdings in the United States gambling industry with the purchase of an 87-acre parcel in Las Vegas.
Gov. David Paterson and Genting chairman K.T. Lim Oct. 28 were joined by others at Aqueduct to officially break ground for the Resorts World New York casino at Aqueduct.
Nine years after first being approved, the last major hurdle for the Aqueduct video lottery terminal casino project was cleared Sept. 13 when the state's chief fiscal watchdog gave his approval for the project.
Most Popular Stories
- Haskin: Dr. Fager, Where Are You?
- Mucho Macho Man to Race in 2014
- And They're Off: Hollywood Park Farewell
- Butler Gets Five-Year Suspension
- Hialeah May Push for Thoroughbred License
- Ramseys Ready for Claiming Crown
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Erskine Says Juddmonte Group Not for Sale
- Trainer Harvey Vanier Dies at Age 89
- Rosalind Heads Hollywood Starlet