Genting, operator of the successful Aqueduct casino, is expanding its holdings in the United States gambling industry with the purchase of an 87-acre parcel in Las Vegas.
Gov. David Paterson and Genting chairman K.T. Lim Oct. 28 were joined by others at Aqueduct to officially break ground for the Resorts World New York casino at Aqueduct.
Nine years after first being approved, the last major hurdle for the Aqueduct video lottery terminal casino project was cleared Sept. 13 when the state's chief fiscal watchdog gave his approval for the project.
Most Popular Stories
- Keeneland's Historical Racing Plans Delayed
- Irish Surf Runs Away in Cougar II Marathon
- Dance With Fate's Exercise Rider Has Surgery
- Dance With Fate Euthanized After Accident
- LoPresti Unfazed by Slow Move from Wise Dan
- Whitney Card's Grade I Races Taking Shape
- V. E. Day Gives Lezcano Win 2,000 in Curlin
- Untapable Favored in Haskell Against Boys
- Little Alexis Set for Test After Bullet Move
- Ami's Holiday Leads Prince of Wales Lineup