Genting, operator of the successful Aqueduct casino, is expanding its holdings in the United States gambling industry with the purchase of an 87-acre parcel in Las Vegas.
Gov. David Paterson and Genting chairman K.T. Lim Oct. 28 were joined by others at Aqueduct to officially break ground for the Resorts World New York casino at Aqueduct.
Nine years after first being approved, the last major hurdle for the Aqueduct video lottery terminal casino project was cleared Sept. 13 when the state's chief fiscal watchdog gave his approval for the project.
Most Popular Stories
- Bayern Turns in Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Travis Stone Named Churchill Downs Announcer
- Emerald Purses to Rise 20% for 2015 Season
- California Chrome Drills at Los Alamitos
- Old Friends to Receive Special Eclipse Award
- OBS Winter Mixed Sale Catalog Now Online
- Bridlewood Owner Malone Purchases Ballylinch
- Casino Would Negatively Impact Finger Lakes
- Penn Mile Tops 193-Day Penn National Schedule
- Pedigree Analysis: Milwaukee Brew