Genting, operator of the successful Aqueduct casino, is expanding its holdings in the United States gambling industry with the purchase of an 87-acre parcel in Las Vegas.
Gov. David Paterson and Genting chairman K.T. Lim Oct. 28 were joined by others at Aqueduct to officially break ground for the Resorts World New York casino at Aqueduct.
Nine years after first being approved, the last major hurdle for the Aqueduct video lottery terminal casino project was cleared Sept. 13 when the state's chief fiscal watchdog gave his approval for the project.
Most Popular Stories
- Martin Defends Sending 'Chrome' to Ascot
- Rivals Back to Challenge Dortmund in SA Derby
- Former Claimer Chases Greatness in SA Oaks
- 2015 Florida Derby Race Sequence
- The Big Beast Returns to the Big Leagues
- Frosted Looking to Rebound in Wood Memorial
- Grade II Winner Williamstown Dead at 25
- Blinkers On 'Truth Or Else' in Arkansas Derby
- Condo Commando Tops Gazelle Contenders
- Blue Grass Hopefuls Train at Keeneland