Genting, operator of the successful Aqueduct casino, is expanding its holdings in the United States gambling industry with the purchase of an 87-acre parcel in Las Vegas.
Gov. David Paterson and Genting chairman K.T. Lim Oct. 28 were joined by others at Aqueduct to officially break ground for the Resorts World New York casino at Aqueduct.
Nine years after first being approved, the last major hurdle for the Aqueduct video lottery terminal casino project was cleared Sept. 13 when the state's chief fiscal watchdog gave his approval for the project.
Most Popular Stories
- Washington Owner/Breeder Paxton Dead at 76
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- New York Sanctions Mott for Drug Overages
- Anti-Mullerian Hormone Helps Assess Aging Mares' Fertility
- NYRA Unveils 10-Race Claiming Series
- OBS Expects Solid Start for Auction Season
- Five Tie for Fastest 3 Furlongs at OBS Show
- Untapable, Tapiture Drill for Asmussen
- NY Investigation of Asmussen Case Completed
- 'Chrome' Set for San Antonio, Bayern Doubtful