Keagan, ridden by Scott Stevens, collared the 3-5 choice Sky Diving near the sixteenth pole and drove to a one-length victory in the $75,000 Turf Paradise Derby for 3-year-olds Saturday in Phoenix.
Mitchell Ranch's Leave Me Alone, runaway winner of the seven-furlong Test Stakes (gr. I), will stretch out to 1 1/8 miles in Saturday's $250,000 Gazelle Handicap (gr. I), which drew only five starters.
The Southern California shipper Leave Me Alone was in a class by herself in Saturday's Test (gr. I) for 3-year-old fillies at seven furlongs, romping to a front-running victory by 7 3/4 lengths over a quality group of opponents.
Mitchell Ranch's Argentine-bred Iron Halo pulled away from favored Taiaslew in the stretch for his first win the United States, a 2 1/4-length upset victory in Saturday's $100,000 Phoenix Gold Cup Handicap for sprinters at Turf Paradise.
Even though Santa Anita's main track is expected to be the stage on which Habibti and You renew their budding rivalry with other entrants in a supporting role, the track has assembled a field of nine 3-year-old fillies for Saturday's $300,000 Santa Anita Oaks (gr. I).
Most Popular Stories
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded
- Sandford, Owner of Take Charge Indy, Dies
- Cathryn Sophia to Pioneerof the Nile in 2017
- Arrogate Returns to Work Tab
- Jose Ortiz Rides Five Winners at Aqueduct
- Gulfstream Set for Historic Championship Meet
- Doctor J Dub Breakthrough Horse for Antonucci
- Motion Hopes to Stay Hot in Matriarch