Lower than expected handle and attendance has forced Calder Race Course to reduce its daily purses by approximately $10,000 beginning with races scheduled for Nov. 15.
Surprising Fernando Po and favored Rutherienne each captured $100,000 stakes races for 2-year-olds Saturday on the turf at Calder Race Course.
Christmas Stocking beat Sprightly by three-quarters of a length in the $100,000 Cherokee Frolic Stakes, one of two turf stakes races for 2-year-olds at Calder Race Course on Saturday. In the other, the $100,000 Kris S. Stakes, Up an Octave closed with a rush and beat favorite Yankee Master by a head.
Most Popular Stories
- Target on Wise Dan for Bernard Baruch Return
- Speedy Moreno Dangerous Again in Woodward
- Gains Posted as Doncaster Premier Sale Ends
- Miss Behaviour Cuts Back for Prioress Run
- Solis Returns to California to Ride Full Time
- Kentucky Considers Allowing Salix-Free Races
- Clearly Now Faces Class Field in Forego
- Tritap, a Son of Tapit, to Heritage Stallions
- OH Thoroughbred Tracks Seek 293 Dates in 2015
- Plesa Hoping to Get Lucky in Woodward