Lower than expected handle and attendance has forced Calder Race Course to reduce its daily purses by approximately $10,000 beginning with races scheduled for Nov. 15.
Surprising Fernando Po and favored Rutherienne each captured $100,000 stakes races for 2-year-olds Saturday on the turf at Calder Race Course.
Christmas Stocking beat Sprightly by three-quarters of a length in the $100,000 Cherokee Frolic Stakes, one of two turf stakes races for 2-year-olds at Calder Race Course on Saturday. In the other, the $100,000 Kris S. Stakes, Up an Octave closed with a rush and beat favorite Yankee Master by a head.
Most Popular Stories
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- Kentucky Derby Starters Reunite in Ohio Derby
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- Kitasan Black Faces 10 in Takarazuka Kinen