Lower than expected handle and attendance has forced Calder Race Course to reduce its daily purses by approximately $10,000 beginning with races scheduled for Nov. 15.
Surprising Fernando Po and favored Rutherienne each captured $100,000 stakes races for 2-year-olds Saturday on the turf at Calder Race Course.
Christmas Stocking beat Sprightly by three-quarters of a length in the $100,000 Cherokee Frolic Stakes, one of two turf stakes races for 2-year-olds at Calder Race Course on Saturday. In the other, the $100,000 Kris S. Stakes, Up an Octave closed with a rush and beat favorite Yankee Master by a head.
Most Popular Stories
- Jockey Gallardo to Try Southern California
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Santa Anita Installs Barn Surveillance System
- Borell Enters Alford Plea on Cruelty Charges
- Stopchargingmaria in F-T November Sale
- Impressive Maiden Winners Try Pilgrim Stakes
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier
- Jockey Collins Suffers Paralysis After Spill
- Litfin At Large: Belmont Super Saturday I
- Colonel John Sold, to Stand in Korea in 2017