Kris Prather did not just enter the world of Thoroughbred horse racing in 2000, she burst onto the scene like a woman on a mission.
Jockey Jason Lumpkins won three races at Turfway Park Sunday to tie Kris Prather's 2001 winter/spring meeting record of 109 wins.
Turfway Park's leading rider, Jason Lumpkins, won five races on Saturday's card, including the $50,000 Forego Stakes aboard Billy Tucker's Private Horde.
Apprentice jockey Kris Prather suffered a fractured pelvis at Churchill Downs Saturday when he mount apparently wheeled and kicked her while she was removing her saddle following the fifth race.
By Kris Prather -- I wish each person who comes to the races could experience what we jocks do each racing day.
Racing and breeding news and information.
Bits and pieces from around the industry
Turfway Park regular Jodie Fortner guided Ocean Isle to victory along the rail to win Wednesday's Luv Me Luv Me Not allowance, the Valentine's Day feature restricted tofonly female jockeys. Patricia Cooksey, once the nation's all-time leading female rider by wins, finished second aboard White Hot. Kris Prather, Turfway's leading rider this meet who recently won with a record six horses on one card, was third with Dare About.
Wednesday night's eighth race at Turfway Park has been designated for women jockeys only, with the meet's leading rider, Kris Prather, heading up a list of nine females named on 3-year-old maiden fillies set to go 1 1/16 miles. For that race and other races won by a female jockey on the Valentine's Day program, Turfway is donating $500 to the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion She's a Tiger Retired
- Wise Dan Won't Run in Fourstardave
- Horse Returned, But Entry Clerk Out of a Job
- Stall Guns for Departing's Grade I in Whitney
- Del Mar Once Again Shifting Races Off Turf
- Darley's Hard Spun to Return From Japan
- Millionaire Halo Dolly Retired from Racing
- Will Take Charge vs. Palace Malice in Whitney
- Keeneland September Catalogs More Than 4,000
- Handle Declines at Churchill-Owned Tracks