A Redoute's Choice - Bal Des Sirenes colt was the top seller Jan. 8 during the second session of the Conrad Jupiters Magic Millions yearling auction on Australia's Gold Coast. He brought Aust$620,000 (approximately $446,549 in U.S. funds) from trainer Kris Lees, who purchased the colt from Amarina Farm, which was the agent for his Victoria-based breeder, Wood Nook Farm.
Sunday's opening session of the revamped Inglis national Easter yearling sale got off to an absolute flyer in Australia, with vendors reaping the rewards. It was the best start in the auction's history.
- By Ric Chapman
Opening day of the revamped Inglis national easter yearling sale got off to an absolute flyer with vendors reaping the rewards.
Most Popular Stories
- Injury Knocks Constitution Off Derby Trail
- Ky Derby: Form, Pedigree, Speed, & Red Flags
- Stronach Takes Stand on Integrity Reforms
- And They're Off: The End of the Trail Edition
- Illinois Gaming Plans Would Slice Racing Aid
- Midnight Hawk Brings Illinois Derby Intrigue
- Regulators Begin Asmussen Investigations
- Dude Back On Game for Charles Town Classic
- Street Boss Colt Among Top OBS Day 2 Workers
- Eight Rivals Try Kid Cruz in Federico Tesio