A Redoute's Choice - Bal Des Sirenes colt was the top seller Jan. 8 during the second session of the Conrad Jupiters Magic Millions yearling auction on Australia's Gold Coast. He brought Aust$620,000 (approximately $446,549 in U.S. funds) from trainer Kris Lees, who purchased the colt from Amarina Farm, which was the agent for his Victoria-based breeder, Wood Nook Farm.
Sunday's opening session of the revamped Inglis national Easter yearling sale got off to an absolute flyer in Australia, with vendors reaping the rewards. It was the best start in the auction's history.
- By Ric Chapman
Opening day of the revamped Inglis national easter yearling sale got off to an absolute flyer with vendors reaping the rewards.
Most Popular Stories
- Gleneagles Targets Breeders' Cup Classic
- Dispersal Planned for Rea's Regis Farms
- Wise Dan Completes Final Breeze for Woodbine
- Churchill Downs Plans $18 Million in Upgrades
- Gural-Owned Tracks Join Integrity Coalition
- Ireland and the Thoroughbred
- Woodbine Set for 2015 WEGCares Initiaitive
- Texas Tracks Prepare for Sept. 1 Shutdown
- American Pharoah to Parade at Del Mar
- Woodward Stakes Field Could Prove Intriguing