Chris Waller, the dominant trainer in Australia since 2010, is in one sense the odd man out among the three Australian-based trainers with runners for the 2015 Longines Hong Kong International Races Dec. 13 at Sha Tin.
A Redoute's Choice - Bal Des Sirenes colt was the top seller Jan. 8 during the second session of the Conrad Jupiters Magic Millions yearling auction on Australia's Gold Coast. He brought Aust$620,000 (approximately $446,549 in U.S. funds) from trainer Kris Lees, who purchased the colt from Amarina Farm, which was the agent for his Victoria-based breeder, Wood Nook Farm.
Sunday's opening session of the revamped Inglis national Easter yearling sale got off to an absolute flyer in Australia, with vendors reaping the rewards. It was the best start in the auction's history.
- By Ric Chapman
Opening day of the revamped Inglis national easter yearling sale got off to an absolute flyer with vendors reaping the rewards.
Most Popular Stories
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic
- Seven-Time Group I Winner Buffering Retired
- Gainesway Colts Among Hips to Watch
- WinStar Farm Sets 2017 Stud Fees
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- Curalina, Syndergaard Breeze at Belmont
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome
- Strong Buyer Traffic on Eve of October Sale