Chris Waller, the dominant trainer in Australia since 2010, is in one sense the odd man out among the three Australian-based trainers with runners for the 2015 Longines Hong Kong International Races Dec. 13 at Sha Tin.
A Redoute's Choice - Bal Des Sirenes colt was the top seller Jan. 8 during the second session of the Conrad Jupiters Magic Millions yearling auction on Australia's Gold Coast. He brought Aust$620,000 (approximately $446,549 in U.S. funds) from trainer Kris Lees, who purchased the colt from Amarina Farm, which was the agent for his Victoria-based breeder, Wood Nook Farm.
Sunday's opening session of the revamped Inglis national Easter yearling sale got off to an absolute flyer in Australia, with vendors reaping the rewards. It was the best start in the auction's history.
- By Ric Chapman
Opening day of the revamped Inglis national easter yearling sale got off to an absolute flyer with vendors reaping the rewards.
Most Popular Stories
- Seeking the Gold Dies at 31
- Little Mike Retired to Old Friends
- Champion Tepin Will Bypass Fourstardave
- Borell Arraignment Set for Aug. 1
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Full Field Possible for West Virginia Derby
- AUS Breeders Mull Legal Action Over New Rules
- Will Frankel's Success Boost F-T Yearlings?
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Sunday Silence Dominates Broodmare Sires